• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crate flooring question

gingernutty

Warren Scout
Im turning a dog crate into a bunny paradise!! I thought about using plastic flooring to line the bottom of the cage as it is waterproof. Is this a good idea? Where could i get cheap bits of this - i wouldnt want to buy a whole roll, i only need a bit!

Many carpet shops sell offcuts. :) we made a base with some wood, a layer of Lino and then battens of wood to hold the Lino in place. :)

wickes frequently have sales where they sell rolls of lino for £10, down from the usual £20

but I find my bunnies aren't too good walking on lino, they much prefer carpet or wood...but also try a layer of wood, with batons around the edge, a layer of lino, and then some rough (or upturned) wall tiles that way it is easier to keep clean and the bunnies can grip

but also be aware that a 48inch puppy crate is a little small on its own, at least for my bunnies, but ok if it only forms part of their enclosure

Back