• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much have you paid for an x ray?

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
Bun has been having stasis like symptoms for 5 days now, it's been a real struggle to get her to eat/drink (I'm stressed, exhausted and feeling weepy at anything!) she is being treated with gut stimulant, and has had anti biotics as her temp was up on her 2nd vet trip over it. Critical care has become near on impossible, and stresses her more, resulting in her not wanting grass, carrot top etc She has had really thorough teeth checks, and her belly has been felt countless times, but nothing is really showing as being obvious as to why she has it.

Next step is an xray to see what's going on, but how much are these roughly? I may need to raid different accounts as my bank account has been wiped out the past week!

She did do a binky earlier, I just don't get what is going on with her :cry:

I think I paid about £60 for an x-ray about 6 weeks ago. The ultrasound was alot more expensive.

Goodluck.

My piggie Bosley was due to have one and they quoted me £68, he didn't need it in the end though. x

I pay either £45 for main vet or £55 for my out of hours vets. Well worth it for the information they give you.

Aah ok, thank you everyone :) Not as bad as I was expecting.

I just want her better, we seem to be taking 1 step forward, then 2 back with her :cry:

With our vet its £55 for first xray, £26 for second image and they usually take the 2. Plus around £50 for the GA.

Ultra sounds are about £50 with no GA needed :)

Thank you xx

Am I stupid how feel extra upset that she is so poorly around the time of her birthday :oops::oops: She is going to be 1 any day, and I can't bare the thought she won't make it even to age 1

Oh god, really started myself off now :cry:

:oops:

Thank you xx

Am I stupid how feel extra upset that she is so poorly around the time of her birthday :oops::oops: She is going to be 1 any day, and I can't bare the thought she won't make it even to age 1

Oh god, really started myself off now :cry:

:oops:

I know its hard but try not to think the worst just yet. Hopefully further tests will give you some definite information, it always helps when you know what you are dealing with. The exhaustion and not knowing always makes things seem worse than they are. If she has done a binky she must be feeling fairly ok in herself at the moment, which is the most important thing :)

I hope you get some answers soon and Bun feels better soon x

Such a worry for you. :( Hope she improves soon. xx

I had xrays done for Spenser back in March, but he was neutered at the same time so I'm not sure how much extra the x-ray was.

Thank you, I think you are right xxx I think she threw the random binky in though to get my hopes up, as she is back in a corner again now. Just wish she would move!

I was sat here blubbing like a baby and she just looked at me as if I was from another planet!

It's such a worry when they are not right. :( I've heard some bunnies are very sensitive and can pick up on our moods so maybe try not to let her see how upset you are. Sendings lots of vibes for her. xx

Thanks susie bun, we definitely need the vibes. I just gave her a cuddle and put her down and she thumped at me, she really is looking at me oddly so I think there is some truth in it!

Back