• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an interesting article re lumps on bunny..

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rabbits-703/Cysts-lump-rabbit-1.htm

my bluebell definatley does not have a cyst or abscess or a lipoma.....and the lump has been removed with as much tissue as possible for now...until we know what it is. The vet said it was weird..fibrous...and was indeed anchored down in a small tether to the werid fatty tissue that has been half scraped away. Tethering can mean cancer.

wow didnt know how many types of lumps on rabbits there could be:shock:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17846230

My Jasper had a lump VERY similar to the first letter on that site. He had it removed 2 weeks ago now, turned out to have been basically a lump which formed from an old trauma (they think) when he came into the sanctuary I worked at his fur was so matted that his whole back was one big abcess (poor man :() they think this is what caused it even though that abcess is well healed and he is fine. It would slip about under the skin. Turned out that the fat around the lump had been dying as well so it is a good thing tht I got it removed. It was about the size of a 10p piece and was attached by a really long stalk like 2inches long which is what made it float around. The histo report came back with no sign of malignancy which was a relief!!

omg....poor bunny:shock::(

amazingly lucky to survive that in the first place:love:

i am going to be tetchy and worried until i have the results..then we have to take it from there:(

in herself...shes normal big blue again....bluebells very territorial and because i spent motnhs yelling at the kittens for toileting in the buns litter tray as well as theyre own..she too it upon herself then to chase the kittens who are now almost year old cats..and poor old zuzu who will be 5. sad thing is little freyas always washing bluebells back feet or wanting to snuggle with her...and freya is a teeny cat...and bluebells a frenchie...no contest!

shes sooo possessive of bertie.keeps humping him if weve been maing a fuss of him without her say so. shes binkying...snafling whatever youre eating wihtou you being able to catch her up! shes sneaking around then jumping out at the cats..or me. she found melrin sat by the babay gate last night and had a scrap through the bars or rather she was lunging and growling at him and upset him so he went back upstairs and slept alongside phoebe who was in her crate.

bluebells a bully and full of herself but shes also terrified of silly things...her and freya usually panic at the same thing!!

I am hoping that becasue she seems so happy and has a great appetite and pooping n weeing that she may be ok...dumb i know..but a little denial goes a long way.

i should have asked the vet to take a picture of it:?

tomorrow i need to ring and ask for more metacam...and phenobarb for bertie....and metacam daily it is for bertie..and i am going to have ask the vets for daily metacam bottle for merlin too. Then i can ask if they need to see her this week or next...and ask when i should start lowering the pain meds for her...or keep on for a few weeks.

i would take a piccy of her wound area..but i can only use my mobile which has no zoom or flash....but ill try....maybe at the vets;)

warning thread readers..dont eat reading this thread....:shock::lol:

Back