• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bluebell update thread..shes home!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
yup i can confirm the vet sent her home yesterday. I went to pick her up just after 2pmish.......and was given a bottle of doggy metacam..and told to dose her TWICE a day with the 6kg dose:shock:

its not unheard of in severe pain relief of a short nature apparently!

one vet i went to used to issue a teeny bottle of cat metacam..not enough for a frenchie:shock::roll:

The lup was the size of a peach stone and very unusual in structure as it was not an abscess or a cyst..its more fibreous tissue with fat and maybe calicified pus around that:shock: But the fact there are deep lymph channels running to the surface of the lumps fatty deposits..and the fact it was tethered by this..means its been sent off for testing:shock: hopefull results will be back monday sometime.

she is very upset and fearful..ran straight to bertie for a cuddle as she does each time theyve admitted her before...and he bit her and chased her..he kept attacking her whever she was in lunging reach and hed chase her till she hid somewhere:(

i thought i was facing an unbonding..she was so distressed by this...i was considering taking her to my room and pen off phoebes dog crate:(

i made up a litter tray/bed in berties old underbed box he had used in the past..lots of megazorb and dust free soft hay,...she sat in it briefly had a quick wee and ran and hid.
bertie with his awful arthritic hind leg clambered into this and ate some hay and did two piles of huge poos:shock: he took ages to get out too.

id left the carrier body on the floor so he went inside and had a good sniff..as did the cats.

i think it must have helped a bit.

bluebell snuck up to that end of the lounge and kept trying to snuggle without success but they were sleeping closer and closer and his atacks were shorter and not aggressive like they were.

about 8pmish i finally got what id craved..seeing her blissfully happy and bertie blissfully happy snuggled up together:love:

they were also spending time apart she fell into a deep sleep in their usual litter tray and he attacked her and hoofed her out..i panicked..but soon relaised why..hed needed a big long wee and she was in the way so he got her out and weed for ages before getitng out and giving her face a wash:love:

shes very clingy even to me...its so sad..shes made herself look so small..not an easy feat for a frenchie:(
i keep going up to her reassuring her im not taking her to the vet...and i rub her nose until she lowers her head and relaxes.
I have been forcing the metaca into what i hope was her mouth..im too terrifed to hold her as i got the wound site each time and freaked myself and her out.

shes got an inch long insicision.or more like 3/4 of an inch....
The stitches are deep dissolvable ones...externally theyve used wound glue as she can scratch herself there..and if they used normal stitches..shed rip herself open:(

i caught bertie washing her shaved back and thought he was chewing the glue off..so i kept pushing him off and he got back on again...then she looked at e and her eyes opended wide and she ran to the other side of the blanket..he got her site..she wasnt letting him touch that..its so sore:(

i love her to bits....i did her sister too..its just fate has an odd way to play out.
I do NOT regret getting them both...and i do NOT blame the rescue they came from....i like to keep in touch purely because its a kind of bond id like to keep going..we both have caring for her and her sister in comon.
My mu has uspet me each time by saying..i wished youd never got rescue rabbits..theyre no good..ie defective...each and every one youve had and its cost you money you dont have only to have the die or be pts:(

well i have £16 overdaft left...the bank is a distressing matter i will have to see to monday over the phone i hope or go see bank manager:(
i cannot tell my mum this or it will add more fuel to the fire.

luckily bluebell is insured by petplan....and the vet is happy to acept a direct payment..whoo hoo so i pad the £50 excess as this is a new condition...and will have to get some forms. Its over £500 so far her problem:shock:

i have seen her drink and nibble hay...shes doing tiny poops..then this morning four huge soft poops she just left....poor girlie..stress and pain always do that.

shes as much unlike bluebell as can be....its ve:shock:ry upsetting..and i think she knows im terrified about the results.

vibes for her pain please xx

Vibes for Bluebells pain and the results. xxx

Sounds like she has been through a lot. It seems like she has been at the vets for so long. Bertie sounds like a right devil. :lol: But I guess if the boy has to go he has to go. ;) At least he is not like Cutie-pie who will relieve herself on the carpet when she is stuck.

oh no amanda..bertie delights in tinkling where he is as hes half asleep or cant be bothered..but i guess thats the arthritis now:(

what IS norty bertie is weeing all over his bed...and in places he likes to show is his...and anyhting to annoy me if ive told him off like i did last night:oops::lol:

hes a right old devil thats why we love him sooo much. I have to laugh as he also poos in his sleep..they tumble out of his bottom onto his inner thigh then tumble to the floor..just like when hes eating food or hay..leaves a huge pile behind..but i like to see that..hes had stasis before so many times..its amazing how bun owners grow to love seeing healthy buny poop everywhere:lol:

bertie says hell give cutie-pie a "pee off" anytime..:lol:

The vet and myself are wondering if this lump has been a slow growing infection base..and it owuld explain the weird bouts of high fever with no reason and going off her food...and being ultra aggressive...as just being bossy and aggressive is a doe speciality:lol:

it could well be what has been making her so ill and spend so much time at the vets and being medicated at home too:?

i guess monday will reveal all.

Lumps are strange. Lets hope it was just an infection.

Bertie sounds a right character.

My 2 are getting lazier and lazier and now have to put food and water under the bed. I notice they eat and drink everything and wonder what they would do if I didn't put it right under their noses.

Come 6 or 7 ish they come out for a proper meal. :lol:

Bluebell must be much happier at home. If only they knew the vets was to help them.

Hope they are snuggling and relaxing now.

aww yours sound like typical bunnies:lol:

the lady who had bertie said he didnt come out for 3 days..she had to keep going in his shed to see why he hadnt come out..he was busy..sleeping..eating drinking weeing and pooping..no change there then:lol:

i have deliberately spent the day up here..only down for a drink etc...and they were either right apart or snuggled in tight.:love:

i wished i could explain why the pain is there and i sorry but we had to have it cut out:(

i keep telling her it over and over..if anyone hears me theyll think im nuts:shock::oops:

These 2 have to be the laziest buns I have ever known, but then again they are older.

I never noticed how truely lazy buns can be. I really think they are like cats in so many ways and stubborn. You call, they look at you and then turn their backs to you. :lol::lol:

At least you have a strong dose of painkillers for Bluebell.

Bunnies make me laugh. On some days Sunshine stays in this room under the bed and Cutie-pie under the other bed, or like today, they are both under the bed in the other room. Usually they are in here. They don't often snuggle up, but then again Cutie-pie runs off when she sees me so I don't often see her relax.

Back