• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for those with sheds/playhouses - ideas needed please!

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I am having storage problems!

I have a 6 x 5 shed which is 4.5 foot at the back and 5.5 foot at the front, so I can't put a shelf in.

This is my current setup, with the long shelf at the back and I don't intend to change that. There's actually three of those ikea tables so it's nice and long, so lots of room to put a box or two there if I want

P182502_31-05-11.jpg

I used to have this rail, but it takes away a lot of light from the window and just looks bulky and ugly to me.

P182601_31-05-11.jpg

I'm not sure how else to store bits that I need every day such as disinfectant, cloth and other odd bits. I won't keep all what's in those tubs in the new storagey thing. I also need to store a bit of hay (I don't mind refilling this every day or two but needs to hold a days or more worth of hay). I don't really have any room to put any furniture in, as I use the floor space for a chair for me and boxes for bunbuns.

There are no small ottomans or wooden chests on ebay near me and I've been looking for weeks.

The only thing I can think of is two of these, which I'll attach a lid to and paint in bunny-safe paint? I'd put them on top of the shelf. They do take up room but the buns can sit on them so at least the space is still there. To make the same thing out of wood myself would cost at least the same amount as buying them from argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9292170/Trail/searchtext>HYGENA.htm

I've looked into small hutches etc but they are too heavy to sit on top of the shelf and cost a lot.

Any other suggestions would be more than welcome :wave: Especially cheap things!

Last edited:
Could you move the rail to the left hand side, above the window? Or would that be too high?

Could you move the rail to the left hand side, above the window? Or would that be too high?

that's a good suggestion, thanks. it wouldn't be too high for me to reach, but basically erm... this is hard to explain >.<!

on that wall there's the door and a window either side. the space above the door is only about 15cm , so all the tubs would be constantly knocked by my head when I go in or out :(

It's quite a pain trying to think of a solution to this, I should have got a taller shed :oops:

that's a good suggestion, thanks. it wouldn't be too high for me to reach, but basically erm... this is hard to explain >.<!

on that wall there's the door and a window either side. the space above the door is only about 15cm , so all the tubs would be constantly knocked by my head when I go in or out :(

It's quite a pain trying to think of a solution to this, I should have got a taller shed :oops:

Oh I see.

This might be a crazy idea and I'm not sure if they are around any more or even if theyd be affordable or even if there would be enough space inside but those desks you use to get in schools with the swing lids. Cut the legs down a bit so the buns could jump on top

Back