• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much for hutches?

Rhian33

Warren Veteran
Just got an email from an online pet supplies place and there was a hutch that was appozimately 3ft x3ft with and under run of the same size. Couldn't believe it. It was £249!!! I only paid £350 for my 10ft x4ft kennel. they also had the same hutch but without the run for £219. Where an earth do they get off charging that much for such a small hutch?

They also had a link on their page which was from EASE saying that a hutch needed to be large enough for the rabbit to be able to make 3 hops. Like a 3ft hutch enables that even for a Nethie? I think I should complain. Admittedly there are much smaller hutches out their but this website gives the impression that they have consulted a welfare organisation who have deemed it suitable as they have also got info from the RSPCA and the BVA. I think it's very misleading.

Would any of you rescues home to a hutch of 3ft x3ft with a 3ftx3ft under run?

That would only be 18 sq ft wouldn't it :shock: even with a run. That's a shocking price :shock:

I got an indoor libertine hutch 1.2m long for about £80 from rabbit hutches uk, and we like it - but it's for indoors only.

Back