• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bathing bunny feet

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
in the night the cover to the rabbit run has come off the run floor is sodden and my buns being the devils they are have now got very wet sore looking mucky feet.

hows the best way to bathe their feet(do i shampoo them(i have small animal shampoo for my guinea pigs)?

and i plan to keep them in until they are dry is their any precaautions i should be taking thankyou
xx

p.s id never usually consider this but i want to avoiod any sorehock/infections

When Mini knocked over some water with cleaner in and trod in it I used fresh water and a flannel. I don't have any pet shampoo anymore. I think if you can get it off with plain water without having to scrub too hard it's better.

Thankyou woulld it be worth putting the trio in the bath with a cm of water in and flanneling theire feet in their? Then keeping them in till they are dry?, im going to lay megazorb in the run to soak the water up me thinks...?

I try to not put them in the bath. I have in the past when Mischa was younger and he got very stressed. A bowl of water in a run might be better. Do you have a run somewhere else drier? Could they go in there today while the water soaks away?

Its all t fixed down outdoor 9 x 5ft run so no way of moving it really, I could put the megazorb down first and put them in the carrier and wash and dry them outside?

Back