• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting (bunny) poo comparison photo

martlou

Warren Veteran
After posting yesterday worried the buns had only done a few poos yesterday as they wouldn't eat the hay, I got up this morning to a lovely pile after they've been munching on the new bale all night. This pile is where Ted goes, it's really clear which are the pre-bale poos (must have still been in his system) and the bale poos, much bigger and more golden...

poo.jpg

I always notice the difference (and take photos :lol:) when the new season of hawthorn has started after the buns having limited dried hawthorn over the winter :D

Beautiful poops :love:

The thing is,bunny poops are easy on the eye and nose and hands.
Scats (ferret poop) isnt all that pleasant,nor is cat.Or dog.Or human.
But one thing we can say is this.
The more we know about poop,whomever it belongs to,we can see differences and know if something is wrong.
It just helps that bunny poops are like they are.:D

I took my sister and her friend who was visiting from Australia out to the New Forest last week. We took some lunch and sat in a grassy bit to eat. Then I totally disgusted my sister's friend by picking up the wild bunny poop :mrgreen:

She couldn't believe I was picking up poop - but I pointed out how beautiful bunny poo is, and how you can tell their health by it, and how bunnies eat their special poos.....she now think's I'm mad :D

:lol::lol::lol: Well I'm glad it's not just me then, I think it's completely normal to take photos of the bunnies poo :D. This was just a special one as I was so pleased how good the poos were after starting on the new hay bale :D

Hmm... a poo thread?!...

Can I ask a poo related question then?...

When rabbits diet is mostly fresh grass is their poo likelyto be a darker colour than when it is mostly dry golden hay??

Hmm... a poo thread?!...

Can I ask a poo related question then?...

When rabbits diet is mostly fresh grass is their poo likelyto be a darker colour than when it is mostly dry golden hay??

Yup, grass equals darker poops than greener hay, and greener hay equals darker poops than golden hay.

Thanks! My buns have nice healthy grass poops then! :)

Don't know what they're going to think when they have much less grass in winter.. I'm trying to make them eat more hay now to get them usedto it, but while the grass is there that's what they eat!!

As long as they are a good size and crumble between the fingers and not jet black then IMO the colour is academic and just indicative of what they've been eating.

Oh I do love a good bunny poop thread!!:lol:

I just showed OH and explained the difference in poops .... sadly, he didn't seem quite as excited as I did about the whole thing!! :?

I'm often found in the aviary admiring bunny poops and exclaiming to the bunnies what lovely poops they have!! :lol:

Now this is fascinating ... and worrying. My little mini-lop friend's poops are not like milk chocolate peppercorns - on a good day.

Spenser's poops are very dark, but not a bad texture usually.

I once texted a friend to tell her Spenser had done 50 poops at a sitting. I thought she would be impressed but she said she was worried about me. :?:lol:

Whenever I show my family a nice healthy pile and show them the difference between healthy and unhealthy poop they think I'm crazy :lol: Non bunny crazy people just don't understand. Makes me glad I can talk about bun poop on here and people will understand :lol:

I notice a difference in poos. All the ones in the litter tray look the same and are big. The ones under the bed are tiny, but assume they are too lazy to move for at least 8 hours.

Last night I was under the bed with the bunnies and was flicking their poos back at them. Cutie-pie was chasing them. :lol:

I don't have a problem handling bunny or chinchilla poo. With the chinnies, as soon as you clean up, they are scattered on the floor again.

You can tell a true bunny lover as they don't mind talking about, or handling poo, and don't find it odd at all :lol::lol:

I have a good look at the poos multiple times a day, but I've never text anyone to tell them how many they've produced (although I have counted for my own interest :lol:)

Not tried flicking it at them either :lol:

Back