• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He is home but NOT with Emily...

tanya_306

Alpha Buck
Today we took Emily to meet Fergus the french lop. It was love at first sight for us but could not have been worse for Emily! She hated him. She ripped chunks of fur from him and he just took it - poor boy.

After that initial attempt to bond it was decided that they should not travel home together and we would need a much softer approach to bonding. This evening we have split the playhouse into two - with a chicken wire (with wooden frame) barrier down the middle so that they can see each other but not hurt one another.

Emily is back in her bedroom tonight and Fergus (who we have named Finley) is in the conservatory. We are going to introduce them to their neutral territory in the morning. Fingers crossed that Emily likes him through the bars.

We haven't taken any photographs of him yet but if you click on the link below and scroll down to the grey french lop called Fergus you will see our new boy. ;)

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/animals_available.asp

He is beautiful.... :love: :love: :love:

Fingers crossed that the soft approach works. :)

Tanya

:wave: got my fingers crossed that it all goes well. i see it says he is out on a trial :? so if it doesnt work out will he be going back?? xx

He is gorgeous. Unfortunately I had to return Mollys first potential husbun due to serious fighting but the second bun I let Molly choose and it was practically an instant bond. Will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well but don't feel bad if it doesnt work love cant be forced.

Good luck with it :wave:

Just wanted to say I wouldn't leave them unsupervised if it's only chicken wire between them as rabbits can easily chew through it. Don't want any accidents!

:wave: got my fingers crossed that it all goes well. i see it says he is out on a trial :? so if it doesnt work out will he be going back?? xx

If Emily hates him forever we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it. We have fallen madly inlove with him and couldn't send him back. ;)

Good luck with it :wave:

Just wanted to say I wouldn't leave them unsupervised if it's only chicken wire between them as rabbits can easily chew through it. Don't want any accidents!

Don't worry. ;) There is actually a wooden gate between them and that has has a layer of chicken wiire atatched to it.

Emily and Finley have spent a day in their bonding area! The barrier is still between them at the moment but we have seen progress today.

When we first put Emily in the bonding area she lunged at the divide and looked like she wanted to kill him again. However, as the day has progressed she will look at him and they will eat and look at each other as they do. She hasn't lunged at him since.

At the beginning of the day they greeted each other at the divide with their tails up but this has also changed during the day. ;)

Finley has been running around the garden and Emily hasn't tried to eat him through her run! Not sure how long to leave them like this before making the barrier between them not so built up! ;) (Currently there is a wooden gate and then chicken wire attached to that - so two layers between them.)

Back