• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tippex Porkychicken (head tilt bunny)- a long overdue update

lilbun

Warren Veteran
It's been so long since I updated RU on Tippex Porkychicken, my little head tilt bunny, that I thought I'd start a new thread to show her progress, almost 11 months on from when she first became ill. Her previous (very long) thread is here for anyone who is interested: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247291&highlight=tippex+porkychicken

Tippex, Mango Fattyharebit and Bunny Clifton moved out of the house and into their new shed in late June, and have settled in really well. Here's the shed (yes it does have curtains :oops: ):

1958.jpg

And here's Tippy and Bunny Clifton checking out the decor:

1963.jpg

1962.jpg

Bunny Cuddles :love:

Every day when the shed is opened Tippex will have a brief sniff around the garden before running into the house and flopping out in her new little indoor cage (just a base for a box and a litter tray, never closed) , or behind the sofa. There she would stay, until evening when I carried her back to the shed for her supper. Unlike the other bunnies Tippex would never go outside by herself. She seemed frightened to go through the door and down the step into the kitchen, and for a long time she seemed to have become agoraphobic, and would seem really frightened in the garden.

A few days ago I started shepherding her out the door at suppertime, rather than carrying her. She would scrabble and panic at the step, so I added a little doormat so that the step wasn't slippery. Yesterday we finally had a breakthrough. Bunny Clifton hopped out into the garden and Tippex followed.This is the first time she had gone outside by herself in 10 months :) as if to prove it wasn't a fluke, today she has been hopping in and out of the house like a yo-yo :love:

Here's a pic of Tippy in the garden. She still has a marked head tilt, although it doesn't look too bad in this pic:

1831.jpg

She remains a very happy girl. She loves her nose-rubs, kisses and head massages. She tooth-purrs very loudly and does two distinct types of purr: the normal 'crunch-crunch-crunch' which we call crunchy-head, and the more intense 'mega-crunch', where her whole head seems to rumble and vibrate for ages. She also does lots of happy flops:

1871.jpg

Night-night RU :love::love::love:

:love::love::love: She's beautiful :love: And the shed looks fab!! Maybe Tippex could send some be brave vibes to Munch who also refuses to go outside :)
Thanks for the update :wave:

Lovely to see & hear about Tippy again.
Their shed looks fantastic - any chance you'd rent it out for a human holiday b&b?
I'm delighted by her progress, & that she's enjoying life so much.

Lovely to see & hear about Tippy again.
Their shed looks fantastic - any chance you'd rent it out for a human holiday b&b?I'm delighted by her progress, & that she's enjoying life so much.

Hhmm, not sure- It's quite cosy and very well insulated- I might move in myself :? I'm planning on moving the cage out once they've settled in so there should be room for a little bed :)

It's still a work in progress at the moment- I haven't had chance to attach a run yet- should keep me busy for the rest of the summer xx

:love: :love: I have only just found this thread! :oops::oops: Whilst researching Tippex for Mimzmum in Health.

I am so pleased you got the shed finished - it is fabulous! Gorgeous pics Lilbun :love::love:

I love Bunny Clifton so much I might bun nap him. And TPC is such a pretty girl! xx

:love: :love: I have only just found this thread! :oops::oops: Whilst researching Tippex for Mimzmum in Health.

I am so pleased you got the shed finished - it is fabulous! Gorgeous pics Lilbun :love::love:

I love Bunny Clifton so much I might bun nap him. And TPC is such a pretty girl! xx

Thanks! I have made a lot of changes to the shed since then.

Oh be VERY careful what you wish for! Bunny Clifton is being an absolute :censored::censored::censored::evil::evil: at the moment! He developed a major case of spring fever and started bullying Mango (yes big, fat Mango, five times his size) and she has left home and go to live with my other pair, putting aside a 5 year dislike of Custardapple in the process, which is a shame for Tippex as she and Mango had been together for years, but Tippex was getting very frightened by all the squabbling so seems much calmer now. They do still get to see each other.

Bunny Clifton is now trying to oust gentle Apricot from his top-bun status. They faced up to each other yesterday and I thought for a moment a fight would break out but BC backed down and ran away, then as Apricot hopped away (never one to start a fight) BC doubled back and bit him on the bum! :evil:

I will update Tippy's thread when I get a round tuit xx

Last edited:
Oh dear - these bunnies with their social status issues!
I'm delighted to see this thread again though. I often wonder how Tippex porky chicken is?

Back