• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EEEK! Its tomorrow!!! !A guess who may become a resident! *fingers crosses!*

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
Edit; ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The home check and hopefully bunny arrival is tomorrow!!!! Argh! Scared and excited all at once! Hope I don't mess up by doing something stupid, or having Ben decide to play up for the guests!
So want the bonding to go well. Ben keeps trying to groom everyone and everything; eyebrows, soft toys, the sofa, Evie... So actually bunny company will be good

Made sure house has been cleaned of most of the stray socks and wisps of hay that get everywhere when you live with 4 guys and a bunny. Tried ot make sure Ben looks a littl ebetter but as he's moulting its not really happening. He's all patchy and fluffy. Worry they think he's upset/stressing and fur pulling. Also set up temporary home for Codi, so no hassel and stress of setting that up afterwards. Also shows the checkers where she'll stay for a little bit tioll Ben and her are ok to be allowed off together. Just need to run out for some bits and pieces in the morning to be all sorted.
Any advice? Hopefuly thoughts would also be nice, but know so much happening right now.

ARGH!!!!!!!!! *flails madly!*

After the Future Father in Law (FFiL) said Yes to finding a companion for Benjamin I began looking at my local Rescues. Saw some further afield, but FFiL wasn't keen on that!

So waited awhile, and got contacted about Codi. She a lovely looking Dutch x Netherland, who needs rehoming from Fairly Beloved.
http://www.fairlybelovedrabbitcare....manager&view=details&catitemid=129&Itemid=283

FB was one of the rescues I contacted saying I was looking for a single doe to be a companion and they contacted me about a different one, but then Codi appeared and I adored her!. Checked again with FFiL as he's been very tentative and kept changing his mind. After talking him round to the home check being ok, ontact FB to say YES would love to try bonding Codi.

So fingers crossed Codi will be joining us on wednesday if the home check goes ok! Really hope it does as Ben could do with some rabbit company to play with and groom.

*crosses fingers.* So glad its been sorted and finalised! Excited, scared and all knotted up, but hoping they say yes!!!! Anyoen else get this nervous before a home check???

(Would have loved to take in Sky and Rosie to make a trio, but FFiL said NO very firmly... hoping to move out eventually, council waiting lists are long, even with health reasons, but if happens soon, and they've not been taken I'll see about making it a quad, if the OH would let me!
http://www.fairlybelovedrabbitcare....manager&view=details&catitemid=113&Itemid=283)

Last edited:
Would have loved you to take Sky and Rosie, my foster hutch is destroyed and here is the cat tree they have to play on.:shock: the bottom one was the two solid sides.

Cattree.JPG

Cattree1.JPG

Glad you are taking Codi!

If I had the space I'd take all three to be Ben's little Harem! Sadly FFiL says NO. The garden is huge, but not safe, so NOT allowed any outdoor bunnies :(
If things change soon I'll see what I can do.
Would you like some new toys for Sky & Rosie?

I would love new toys for them. They are awful but highly entertaining to watch! They chew through inch thick branches overnight, cardboard boxes don't last an hour and nothing is high enough for them to climb on. They are like toddlers with sharks teeth!:lol:

They sound like the sort of rabbits I adore! I've owned a wildie and her cross babies before so know about those who love to chew!
Will see if I can arrange something, if not for when Codi arrived, then shortly afterwards to be sent to yourselves. If you lived neared I'd "adopt" them but pay you liverly charges like for horses!
I adore the look of Sky and Rosie but not allowed a triop, took long enough to be allowed a pair, so making it a quad is completely out of the question no matter how much I asked or tried.
If I had the money to get the garden sorted and biy a new outside building like shed/summer house, I'd take them in, but that's not gonna happen for ages, and FFiL would still say no. Need my own place!

Back