• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rehome Updates

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I've finally got a bit of spare time and I'm working on updates to RR, I thought you might like a sneak peek....

newlayout2.jpg

That's the new rescue page which will have a new map so you can easily spot your closest rescue if your geography is a bit rubbish like mine. A awesome team of volunteers is presently contacting every rescue to make sure it's up to date.

newlayout1.jpg

This is the new rabbit search, featuring bigger thumbnails for more cuteness and you will be able to search by town/postcode/county and order you results to see the closest first... so no more lookup up three pages of results if you're on a county border (good for rescues near borders too).

Oooo i like it. I have pretty much finished my update list actually there are just a couple I am struggling with

Oooooh it looks lovely. I need to apologise too cos I think I forgot to answer your pm about contacting rescues :oops:

Can I ask something about Rabbit rehome?

I sort out the bunnies for RSPCA Suffolk East and it says at the bottom that they are being rehomed by a 'private individual' which is obviously not the case. I've seen some rescues have it say they are a rescue and have e-mailed a few times about how to get this sorted, but have never had a reply. How would I go about getting that account so that it says they are a rescue?

Can I ask something about Rabbit rehome?

I sort out the bunnies for RSPCA Suffolk East and it says at the bottom that they are being rehomed by a 'private individual' which is obviously not the case. I've seen some rescues have it say they are a rescue and have e-mailed a few times about how to get this sorted, but have never had a reply. How would I go about getting that account so that it says they are a rescue?

It needs linking manually to the rescue list, I will go through and check them all once the new list is complete as there are a few the are the wrong way around. It will just get overwritten by the new list if I do it now though.

It needs linking manually to the rescue list, I will go through and check them all once the new list is complete as there are a few the are the wrong way around. It will just get overwritten by the new list if I do it now though.

Awesome thanks :)

Wow look at them all on the map :shock: Is it just the rescues that use rabbit rehome, or have you included all the RSPCA branches that have rabbits too?

The map in the pic is showing all the rescues currently listed on the RR rescue page... it's a bit out of date at the moment but includes any animal rescue that takes rabbits... so rspca branches etc. as well as rabbit specific rescues :)

I'll can't give you a count of the rescues using RR off the top of my head, it was about 40/50 or so last time I looked. There is about 1100 rabbits available at the moment but some are from private individuals.

Ooh you have BARC bunnies on your example page :D. Looks good, like the bigger thumbnails and the map is a great idea.

Tasmin I pm you months ago about our rescue being added to the list I see its still not on it is there anyone I should pm about it again

Tasmin I pm you months ago about our rescue being added to the list I see its still not on it is there anyone I should pm about it again

The list they are updating is a separate offline copy. If you haven't already you'll get a message from a volunteer shortly to check the details for the new list.

Back