• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aggressive rabbit?

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
one of my rabbits has become a bit grumpy. if you step into the run he leaps at you and grunts. im sure he would bite too if he had the chance. how can i make him friendly again?

Has the rabbit been spayed/neutered?

Do you smell of anything different? Like holding any different or new animals recently?

Any new additions to the household?

You don't need to 'make' him friendly, you need to look at what is causing him to act that way and then work to solve it so that he is happier.

Has the rabbit been spayed/neutered?

Do you smell of anything different? Like holding any different or new animals recently?

Any new additions to the household?

You don't need to 'make' him friendly, you need to look at what is causing him to act that way and then work to solve it so that he is happier.

hes neutered and lives with his neutered brother.

we have female guinea pigs that are around 8 months old. but we've had them since April, these are the latest new arrivals

Has he had a vet check recently? Has his accomodation changed? Do you go anywhere with animals that weren't there before? (like if a friend has got a new dog or cat, for example) or anywhere you didn't go before?

Emotionally, how do you feel compared to before? Are you angrier?

Has he had a vet check recently? Has his accomodation changed? Do you go anywhere with animals that weren't there before? (like if a friend has got a new dog or cat, for example) or anywhere you didn't go before?

Emotionally, how do you feel compared to before? Are you angrier?

his last vet check was in February.
no accommodation change.
No

I feel no different

I would take him for a thorough vet check to rule out any physical cause before making the presumption it is behavioural and circumstancial and then approaching things from there. I'm guessing he is due his Myxi imminently so that could tie nicely in.

I would take him for a thorough vet check to rule out any physical cause before making the presumption it is behavioural and circumstancial and then approaching things from there. I'm guessing he is due his Myxi imminently so that could tie nicely in.

ok will contact the vetstomorow

Back