• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are the silliest things your bunnies have done?

Janey

Warren Veteran
Either combined or as individuals?

I know mine have got up to some pretty silly things so I imagine others have too. Mine are as follows:

Peter: managed to jump out of a velux roof window and fall two floors, he had no injuries and was found on next doors drive. Needless to say I NEVER underestimate how high he can jump and never leave the window open more than a crack.

Poppy: Was rushed to the vets with a suspected head-tilt, only to find (just before the very rabbit savvy vet was about to treat her for an inner ear infection after she passed all the co-ordination tests), that she had managed to get her tooth caught in a stitch that she had at the top of her back following surgery, she managed to pull her head nearly back to the front but not quite-hence the tilt.

So....what have your silly bunnies done?

At the moment Jimby is going through a 'phase' of banging his bowl on the floor and then lifting it up and flinging it on the top of his head! :lol: I am so worried he is going to knock himself out that I have now brought some small baby containers to give him his biscuits in! :lol:
Cookie looks at him when he is doing it as if she is thinking 'I cant take him anywhere!' :roll:

Tinkerbell jumped up on my kitchen side and helped herself to a sausage... haha little monster :lol::love:

Dexter drapes his ears in his food bowl.. messy when he has readybrek!!!! :roll::lol:

My baby just binkied straight into a closed door (wardrobe door that's always closed). Don't know where she thought she was going.

Jimby also did something funny, he flopped at the top of their house and rolled down the stairs of their cage whilst still fast asleep!! :lol:

Daisy constantly headbuts the food bowl out of my hand and always looks confused and stunned when she's done it - i'm convinced she does it because she's soo excited about food time she gets a bit 'boundy'. OH thinks it's so she can get at grub quicker.

Lucky jumped 'climbed' a shelving unit and went too far up out of his comfort zone. I went out to check on them and he jumped into my arms - no warning - just jumped on me - scared the :censored: out of me! He flew into my face :lol::lol::lol: Luckily i caught him.

I'm loving all these silly stories!! :lol::lol::lol:

Our little Basil, some months ago, chewed through the cable to the fridge freezer. The first we knew about it was the loud bag and everything tripping in the kitchen. Basil shot out from behind the fridge like a rocket and then proceeded to walk very very slowly away from the scene of crime. I swear if he had, had pockets, his paws would have been in them and he would have been whistling:lol:
That's how I will remember him -my lttle rascal:love:

Pretty much everytime I feed Sally and Dillan their pellets, Sally will always jump into the gate before I have got it open and through it with their nomsies! She doesn't hurt herself I just think she's too excited about her daily Fenugreek crunchie!

Helen xx

we gave percy a paper bag to play with and we was chewing it and something must have startled him because he tried to run only his head was still in the bag. so we had a large lop bunny with a bag on his head charging around his new shed... i couldnt help but laugh at him

Flash once did the moonwalk, lying down, no joke :shock:
He was just flopped out on the carpet, next minute his paws and legs are making strange movements and he's moving backwards

Jez believed he was a chocolate eating parrot. He used to sit on my shoulder, and one time sneaked down and stole my mini-mars bar, since then he'd pull over the bin, take the mars bar wrappers out and guard them

I also have a very funny video of Harley shuffling around the london show hall with his head in a box of treats, there were a few in the bottom he couldn't reach :oops:

A few of my rabbits have jumped head first into the glass doors :roll:

oh and at feeding time, when I open my trio's hutch door, they all come to the front and a few times have fallen out, or have been pushed out by another rabbit :roll: Luckily I've got quick reflexes and I manage to catch them before they fall

Last edited:
I used to keep the bunnies food tub in their shed with them, until one day I went in and (after convincing myself he'd been taken by a fox or escaped) found Eli had managed to get in and close the lid. :shock:

I used to keep the bunnies food tub in their shed with them, until one day I went in and (after convincing myself he'd been taken by a fox or escaped) found Eli had managed to get in and close the lid. :shock:

:shock: :lol:

Molly fell in the pond once, it was the day I brought her home. The pond was covered in duck weed and she thought it was land. Turns out she's a good swimmer and wasn't at all bothered by it!

Brian.... well, he's just Brian, he's always daft.

I think i remember you posting about that on here-if not the same happened to another bunny!!

There are certainly some very silly rabbits out there, alot seem to be food related :lol:

Thought of a good one for Brian. Sometimes when he periscopes he loses balance and falls over backwards. He is too nosy for his own good.

I think i remember you posting about that on here-if not the same happened to another bunny!!
I did start a thread about it, surprised you remember it was so long ago!

I was so shaken up after it happened; The tub happened to have holes in it because I'd kept the mice in the tub for a couple of days, otherwise he could have died.

Back