• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random change of character in bunnies...?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Benson came out this morning and was a different bunny for about 20 min!!! He usually bombs here, there and everywhere. This morning he was different for a while - he was acting like I had just planted him somewhere completely new. Jerky movements, ears forward, head bobbing, skittish, refusing broccoli, big wide eyes. He started to come round as he watched Lola exploring as usual, ate his pellets, accepted his broccoli and carrot, gave a shake and was back to normal!!

Anyone had this experience? Why??:shock::?

Biccy does this occasionally. It's normally because of a new smell, or a sound that we can't necessarily hear/smell.

I find Oberon does this sometimes. Oddly enough more when he's in moult. :?
Maybe Benson could hear or smell something slightly different? Different house cleaner or something?

Just realised we've all said it about our male buns...Maybe it's a 'guy thing' :lol:

Just realised we've all said it about our male buns...Maybe it's a 'guy thing' :lol:

Yup, Peter does this too, he will also suddenly spook and try & run so fast on the wooden floor he doesnt get anywhere. He must have heard or smelt something but Poppy doesnt even react-not even to his panicked movements.

Maybe!! Lola is not as nosey, but not as easilly spooked!!

(scratches imaginary beard - hmmmm interesting.....)

Maybe Benson considers himself responsible for keeping an eye on things for both buns safety.

Yes Olly does this too, it really worries me! Not very often, but he looks at me like he doesn't know who I am, stamps his feet and darts about looking terrified! :? I hate it because I don't know what's upsetting him. And while he's doing that Honey is perfectly calm and normal!! :?

See! More male buns doing it....Is there something they know that we don't?! :shock:
*looks around nervously*

But I do wonder if it's a territory thing? Me think's I will have to have a ponder over this...

Pepsi does this is as well. (another male bunny!:lol:) He has sudden moments and he frezzes in his lookout pose, ears up. Then he sits there for a good few minutes completely ignoring everything else, even food shoved under his nose, he does really jerky movements as well. Then after a few minutes he's completely back to normal. It does worry me a bit because it's only him, and I wonder whats upset him.:? He is the worrier out of my four.

Last edited:
Back