• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could you spare a thought for Dexter today/ more x-rays today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't asked for any vibes for our bunnies for a very long time, but if you could think of Dexter today I would be very grateful.

He has always had dry sneezing fits since we have had him. The vets could never find anything wrong and it was thought it might be allergy related :? He has always been lively and feisty in himself.

I have had a gut feeling something wasn't quite right for the past week but again there were no symptoms and he was fine in himself. So have just kept a really close eye on him.

Last night when I locked him up for the night he was really rattling, but again still as feisty as ever! We got an appointment first thing and the vet is concerned but stumped as to what the problem is. She feels the noise is coming from his nose rather than the lungs as I thought, but there is something wrong with his chest. She said it had no compression :? She tried to listen to his heart but his breathing was too loud.

He has now been admitted in the hopes of getting a conscious x-ray as the vet thinks there is something wrong with his heart or lungs despite the rattling being in his nose. Not sure how they will manage it as he is so lively :? We might be looking at an enlarged heart, or some kind of tumour ? She is an excellent exotics vet and I trust her 100%

Dexter is such a handsome, strong bunny despite being around 7 years old. It doesn't seem right that there could be something seriously wrong with him :(

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Dexter and sounds like the vets will have a challenge getting him to sit still for his x-ray! I really hope the vets are wrong and it is just something up with his nose xx

Loads of vibes from here. :wave:

DO you have a picture of Dexter we can focus vibes upon Liz?

Loads of vibes from here. :wave:

DO you have a picture of Dexter we can focus vibes upon Liz?

Here you are Graham, as you can see he is a really handsome, stocky bunny :love:

P5040028-1.jpg

No news yet :(

I have no idea how they are going to get a conscious x-ray from him, he is a very strong and feisty bunny. All the scratches on my arms and stomach are from Dexter, no other bunny! I love him as he is a beautiful handsome boy, but he certainly isn't a cuddle bun.

Back