• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mallow is off her food now!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Mallow isn't interested in breakfast and is lying in a bit of a flop. She's still bright and pooping but I need to get her in to the vet. I've already got Sooty booked in for a blood test and Donald because he has a snort nose again, so really not sure how I'm going to manage it- just got a text from Mike, I'll take her in with me and he can take Donald down later. It's not ideal as she has to sit with me in the vet but I'll put in a snuggle pad to keep her warm.

Pudding our old renal cat has looked at breakfast either. I think I'll have to get her in for a check over too, a bit worried about what her kidneys may be doing. Feeling extremely stressed- at least Katie and Betsy look bright after their speys.

Glad the girls are doing ok after yesterday. As for the rest, I hope they are ok and brighten up as the day goes on.

Just home and had a cuppa, trying to reduce my blood pressure a bit!

Mallow was in early stasis, temp low, gut sounds quiet and dull. She has been given all the usual meds, is warm inside on a snuggle pad and I have to give her some sub cut fluids.
Mike didn't get home in time to take either of the cats to the vet, so I had to book an appointment at the main branch for 11.30, I discussed it with the vet and he said he was happy to given a convenia injection for Donald without seeing him, because it's his usual problem. I got home at 11ish, set Mallow up in a cage, got Pudding and Sooty in carriers and headed off for their appointment. Of course I was running late so all junctions were busy as were the normally quiet roads. So I was 10 mins late.
Blood pressure was sky high by this time as I was sure Pudding's kidneys had packed in, and after examining her the vet suspected it too. We took bloods and ran them while ge examined Sooty, he has lost more weight, so we did fu
ll bloods for him but the vet's first thoughts were to worm him- the were wormed 4 months ago but haven't been outside much so I wasn't thinking it would be a problem. Ended up in tears over Pudding as she got very stressed.:oops:

Pudding's bloods were no worse than before but did indicate an infection, Sooty's bloods were also fine but indicated a parasitic burden.
So after all that panic, I left the vet smiling with a wormer for Sooty, an antibiotic in Pudding and one to give Donald. I've also got sub cut fluids for Mallow and both Katy and Betsy are eating and pooping.

I on the other hand am completely exhausted, my back is aching and I'm scared to look at my vet bill for this month!!!!:lol
Still I have fantastic vets, so worth every penny!

Last edited:
Thank you, Mallow has eaten some grass and seems to be drinking a fair bit, she's much brighter but no sign of poops yet. If not any by tomorrow she will be back in, I have to take Levi because I think he may have a urine infection- why does everything happen at once!

Just having a glass of wine, Mike was working late so didn't want to drink until he was home, just in case we needed a emergency dash, although worst case senario, I'd just call the vet out.

Phew, that Friday night feeling isn't coming for this week then! It's good to here Mallow is eating, hopefully it will work it's way through soon so you can have one less to worry about!

Mallow is looking good, eaten lots and quite a few poops so hopeful we are on the mend.
Katie is looking bright, Betsy less so but she is 3 years older. Still both have plenty of poops, had pain killer and fibreplex so I hope will be brighter tomorrow.

Mallow is looking good, eaten lots and quite a few poops so hopeful we are on the mend.
Katie is looking bright, Betsy less so but she is 3 years older. Still both have plenty of poops, had pain killer and fibreplex so I hope will be brighter tomorrow.

Good news. :D

Back