• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions about bunny death

Semicat

New Kit
Hi all. my buns blackjack has just past away.. Literally.. After all of the crying and saying goodbye i started thinking of a taxidermy.. Then looked it up and it costs too much at the moment. But then i thought about his tail. Is there any way to keep that? Can i just get it chopped? Or does something special need to be done. Thanks for the help

Why not just gently comb out some of his fur. You could then place the fur in a locket which you could wear.

I am sorry for your loss :cry:

Sorry - the thought of that sickens me. I'm not saying it's wrong but i couldnt bear the thought of my buns being mutilated - even in death. What about burying him and planting something nearby as a way of memorial? It would then be like he's giving life to the plant?

Or a cremation and have the ashes put into a decorative pot?

Hope you find something that suits. Sorry if i am squeamish over it. :oops: And i am sorry for your loss x

Ya.. I understand that sounding not so great i just loved his tail it was so soft and hed always let me play with it.. I actually am going to burry him and plant a rose bush on top

When I was a little girl......a long time ago!......all the girls had a rabbit tail for luck:(
I've no recall of where they came from....maybe the fishmongers who sold rabbit. I rememeber them all strung up at the back of the shop:(

What a terrible thought that is now!

Personally I prefer pictures and videos to remind me of the loved ones I've lost, but the lock of fur and rosebush ideas are great.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Binky free Blackjack xx

I'm sorry for your loss.

I have to say I would go with the "lock of fur" keepsake. Tails and Feet seem rather macabre in my opinion.

Perhaps a donation to a local rabbit rescue in Blackjacks name would be nice and needn't be so costly as a taxidermist.

I personally couldn't have any part of a dead rabbit/animal in the house, whether it be a tail or ashes, the thought makes me shiver!

I do memorial books for my rainbow bridge animals! get a scrab book and fill it full of pictures and memories, their habbits and naughty things they have sone etc

and then cut some of their fur off and stick it into the book to! I have previously done paw prints with paint in the book to!

xx

Ya.. I understand that sounding not so great i just loved his tail it was so soft and hed always let me play with it.. I actually am going to burry him and plant a rose bush on top

So sorry you have lost Blackjack:cry: I love the sound of your rose bush idea. Maybe you could keep a lock of his fur.

I wasn't suggesting keeping a foot but suddenly realising what it was my mum had as a good luck token. She never had any rabbits so it was bought for her. It is an awful thought!

I have a lock of my horses mane and pictures and videos of my rabbits.;)

sorry for your loss, i always keep "wiggies", the clumps of fur that you brush out, i also keep a turdie, and all my pets are cremated, then they are always with me.

Back