• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think Kittens in stasis? UD been admitted UD shes gone

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Poor Kitten ate normally all day yesterday but last night didnt want any greens didnt think too muuch of it but she still refused it when i was going to bed, couldnt sleep so came down to check on and she still wont eat she has nibbled some very small bits she doesnt seem in pain just a little quiet but still hops around if nudged but i have through the night crushed up pellets and syringe fed her those every 2 hours hopefully just to keep things moving and now im just waiting for the vets to open im just going to turn up and hope they see me without an appointment?!

Just when i thought things were going good :cry:

Last edited:
Oh dear :cry:

Do be careful with syringe feeding unless you are *certain* that there is no actual blockage and/or bloat. Syringe feeding an obstructed and/or bloated Rabbit can do more harm than good. If she has not passed any faeces I really would not syringe anything more than water until she has been examined by a Vet.

Sending vibes for her xx

Do be careful with syringe feeding unless you are *certain* that there is no actual blockage and/or bloat. Syringe feeding an obstructed and/or bloated Rabbit can do more harm than good. If she has not passed any faeces I really would not syringe anything more than water until she has been examined by a Vet.

Sending vibes for her xx

Was hoping u would reply thank you i hadnt thought about a blockage she is moulting heavily!. im not going to feed her anymore now and let her rest a bit, she has only done 6 poops since midnight but at least its some, she had a simialr episode after her spay but she didnt look as tired just wishing the time away at the moment, at least work have been good ive just text in to say its an emerg and they are fine so one less worry!

Sending vibes for her xx

Totally and absolutely agree with the above. If you syringe feed your rabbit and there is an obstruction this could cause more harm.
When Basil was at the vets last weekend, they could not even attempt syringe feeding for 36 hours or so:cry: Hope you get to the vet soon. Sending more vibes x

I took her at opening this morning and she was checked over her chest was clear her tummy is moving but slowed no obstruction and her temp has dropped they also checked again the white dot in her eye and again said old damage to sign of infection/ulceration.

So they asked if they could admit her for the morning and give her a gut stimulant, metacam, and another but ive forgotton and also to pop her on a heat pad

Went back at lunch and she still hasnt eaten or pooped so they are going to try syringe feeding her there and see if that helps i have to ring at 4, goingto try and go to sleep i feel sick im so tired after being up all night and then il be ready to look after her when she gets home later hopefully!?

Sending vibes for Kittens and hugs for you. She is in the best place. I hope she is improving when you ring the vet later.

Sadly Kitten passed away at the vets this afternoon at 3.20 im so sad and shocked xxx im waiting for the vets to phone me to discuss it

Sandra let me know your terrible news.....I feel terrible for you. I know how desperate you were to bond Kitten and Smudge.
You must be devestated as it's so unexpected.
Sending Kitten vibes and hope she's Binkying over the bridge xxxxxxx

I know we've spoken but wanted to just send you virtual hugs.

Binky free beautiful Kitten, hope you are causing mayhem at the bridge xx

Thank your evryone for ur support and Bobbie you know i would be lost with out u ur a very special person, yesterday was awful i really thought when they phoned she was ready to come home was a complete shock.

The vet phoned me late last night she was very upset Kitten had improved in the afteroon and had been hopping around a bit in the vet nurse area the nurse but her back in her carrier while she made a cuppa and heard her 'flop' over and when she looked she had gone. Her thoughts were quite open

She was a very sensitive/weak nerved bunrab and i think sadly her previous life may well have effected her alls i can think x luckily she had 5 months here to run and jump about as much as she wanted

have fun little bun x

Back