• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet appointment length?

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Hay guys, just wondering, when you take your pets to the vets, how long are you in there for your appointment?

I took my bun to the vets today and spent an HOUR with the vet talking about him and through his meds! My dad thought something was serious had happened..he chose to wait in the waiting room:lol:

And, the er, 6 people waiting after me did not look impressed :-/

Aha I thought as much, we always go well over our time in there!! We got on good today thank you, ben has been given bisolvon and septrin for his snuffles, which is an advance on the baytril! Keeping my fingers crossed that this one works better for him :)

Good that vet spent so much time going through things with you - but glad I wasn't waiting to be seen.

We never book appointments except for neutering/spaying. The vets we normally go to have lots of vets so I don't think anyone has to wait.

Depends on how whats wrong with the animal really, when we took our cat Phantom to the vet we must've been there for 2 hours. They had to find out what was wrong with him which took a long time, plus the tests and xray to make sure they were right, giving us the meds etc. I think it usually takes quite awhile with us because a lot of the time we don't know what is wrong with the animal.

We never book appointments except for neutering/spaying. The vets we normally go to have lots of vets so I don't think anyone has to wait.

I always book unless it's an emergency as we like to see a certain vet who we know is rabbit savvy and who we feel comfortable with.

As for appointment times it varies, yesterday's was only 5 or 10 minutes as it was something I'd caught early. Vaccinations for all four take about half an hour.

I think its 15 mins but Im often there for as long as it takes to sort the problem and chatting about it.
If I take Lily in,he takes her out the back,does her teeth and brings her back.No consult as we know the problem,yet when I had questions about her paw,her skin tags and her ears,we went in for about 25 mins.
I think the secretary knows that when I take in all 4 buns,she extends the time, but I only pay for one consult, or none at all if its jabs.

I always book unless it's an emergency as we like to see a certain vet who we know is rabbit savvy and who we feel comfortable with.

As for appointment times it varies, yesterday's was only 5 or 10 minutes as it was something I'd caught early. Vaccinations for all four take about half an hour.

We always see the same vet too. You might have to wait 15-30 minutes if you want to see a particular vet but I don't really care about waiting.

Back