• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cant bond them what should i do??

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Misty and Toffee (CJ as she was known from pixierabbie rescue) I wont rehome either of them by the way! Toffee keeps bullying Misty :( At first i thought it was a dominating thing as mistys past wifes have always been the boss, but everytime i put Misty and Toffee together she will hump him (normal i know) then stop but the second he moves she grunts and starts humping again he hid behind my bin for 2 days solid for 2 days! scarred to come out.

Toffee is booked in for her spay next week.

should I wait to see if her homones calm down or do i go to a rescue and look for 2 rabbits 1 each for them?

Toffee is very energetic and only a young rabbit whereas misty is 5 and acts like an old man these days :?

im not sure what to do :?

I would assume its just because she isnt spayed yet, what she is doing is completely normal for an unspayed rabbit :wave:

Just wait until her hormones have died down and then try again x

Keep completely separate, no contact At all so they forget, spay, 6wks or so for hormones to settle, then try again on neutral etc etc.

Good luck :)

Eta- Soz for barking instructions, am on iPhone wiv fat fingers

Il do just that angie thankyou if it doesn't work out a local rescue has told I'm more then welcome to take both across there so they can choose their own friends :) here's hoping they bond :)

Back