• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suppliers in the Wakefield / West Yorks area please

martlou

Warren Veteran
Hi all

Got some hay from the BARC open day that Rosie and Ted absolutely loved :D. Today they finished it and have turned their nose up at the Burgess hay with dandelion and marigold in that previously they wolfed down. I'd like to get a bale from somewhere but not sure where. Does anyone live in the area and have any recommendations please? Don't want to end up with them not eating their hay when they're usually so good at it.

I only feed burgess hay but Kenyons (now called All Fours or something like that in Morley) do hay, not sure about price

Thanks, Morley is just up the road I'll have a look.

ETA - I've looked - they are a pet shop, any idea if they do bales? Anyone know any farms?

Last edited:
I dont feed expensive hay- buy from a local farmer, but try holidayhutches on here or google - based in Barnsley and do nice hay :)

Hi all

Got some hay from the BARC open day that Rosie and Ted absolutely loved :D. Today they finished it and have turned their nose up at the Burgess hay with dandelion and marigold in that previously they wolfed down. I'd like to get a bale from somewhere but not sure where. Does anyone live in the area and have any recommendations please? Don't want to end up with them not eating their hay when they're usually so good at it.

Go Burnhills and ask for a soft bale it's £6.50 and the hay is so lush, sweet and green. They do hay that's not really as nice for £5.50...but my buns turn their nose up in comparison to the £6.50 bale. Burnhills is in Cleckheaton. I also buy ings hay from hay for pets :D xx

http://www.iwestyorkshire.co.uk/profile/325016/Cleckheaton/Burnhill-Feeds-and-Equestrian/

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I got a bale from Bentley Grange in the end, this was recommended by PM and was the nearest place to me. The bale was £4.50 and as I don't know quite what to do with it I've put it in the middle of the dining room floor where Ted and Rosie are very happily tucking in :D. I just heard a noise that distinctly sounded like one of them jumping off it :lol:, so they are exploring well. I'll post some pics of them with it in Stories and Pics thread when I've done the washing up.

Thanks, Morley is just up the road I'll have a look.

ETA - I've looked - they are a pet shop, any idea if they do bales? Anyone know any farms?

I think they're more of a horse place than a pet shop, when I went they made me up a really big sack of hay, about the size of a bale but not as compressed

ooh, that's where I get mine from. I commented to OH a few weeks back how the recent delivery smelt amazing and was so green! :love:

I looked at that link, but couldn't see any bales :?. They seem very happy with the one I got them anyway :D

Back