• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it bad for a dog to eat rabbit poo?

lisadunn

New Kit
my rabbits hutch is open at the bottom and sits on flagstones, there is about a 3cm gap at the bottom, and the rabbit poos in this corner.
Some rolls out on the ground outside the hutch, and my dog eats it,
Is rabbit poo bad for dogs, or is there no real health risks?
The dog loves it and constantly hanging round the hutch waiting in anticipation:roll:

I wouldn't encourage it, just coz it's minging :lol: but it's basically just hay, so it's not a risk. There's people on here whose kids have eaten it and been fine so I don't imagine it's gonna cause a dog any harm :)

nooo.. Jazz hoovers it all up from the run every night. She acts like its a real treat! :roll:

Sidney tries to do it a bit sneakier as he feels he shouldn't really be doing it at all but Jazz as no such scruples! :lol:

as long as your buns are not on any medication, Noisette was on long term baytril and it made our dog really ill from eating her poos!

Back