• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

human and rabbit bonds?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
just wondering how many people have a human to rabbit bond..

poppet has been with me since she was 5/6 weeks old and i have groomed her when she comes to me and "tried" to act the same way rabbits do around eachother... shes 16 weeks now and we have such a strong bond:love:

anyone else out their with the same relationship

yep:D i really love it. charlie will come over and lick me(ehem on the nose:lol:) and i give him a nose rub. if he really wants alot of attention and feels he's being ignored, he comes and sits on my lap :love: he is just over 4 months:love:

Wish I could say yes, but no. If rabbits could rolll their eyes, they'd roll them at me and my attempts at being a fellow bunny!!:roll::lol:

They are decidedly bonded to each other!!:love:

Most definately YES. The bond I had with BASIL was incredible. He would sit on my lap for hours while I tickled his ears and he constantly licked my arms (hope he wasn't trying to tell me something:lol:). Iused to sing to him :oops: as well and he would dance round my feet. I really miss him, he was a great little chap. We were so close, he always came on holiday with us because we daren't leave him behind.

I have a very strong bond with Molly and Marble, especially Marble. I have had him since he was 8 weeks and he is nearly 2 now. He will jump up and sit on me and will lick my face. He is even able to read my moods and will come sit with me more if I am feeling low and will sit guard if I fall asleep on the sofa.:love: My bond with Molly is also strong and she was 3 when I adopted her. If I lie on the floor she will lie right next to me and will lick me.:love:

They are both very special buns and we have a fantastic bond.:love:

Yes. Pie and I have a VERY close bond.
When we almost lost her to a stasis episode I went to see her at 12am at the vets (by this time she had been there 3 days on a drip) on what I thought would be her last night alive. Apparently after I left she started to attempt to eat and drink un-aided. Even the vets were astounded to see this turn around in her and all said it was like she "saw her mummy and realised how much she was loved". I picked her up the following morning. :love:

It's hard to explain and I probably sound like a proper nutter for it but there is a definite connection to Pie and I. We truly keep each other going. :)

I have a bond with each and every one of my rabbits, but the bonds are different for each rabbit, as they would be for human friends and each individual human friend.

I have some who are closer friends than others, but I would be there for all of them.

I'm very close to Sky. Very, very, exceptionally close to Sky, and he to me.

Me and Badger were very close too.

Flash was the ultimate bunny friend though and we were soulmates. He was my world. Sky is now my world and my absolute, very best friend. :love: And me, his.

Buckley and I have a very close bond. We even have little conversations with our noses :oops:

I guess with him being a single bun I spend a lot of time with him. I miss him awfully when I'm not there, like right now. OH says he seems like a different bunny when I'm not there.

The minute I come back after a few days away he perks up and binkies :love:
It takes a while to be fully forgiven but we get there and it only takes a day or so for me to be getting licks and being flopped on again.

so nice to hear that others have this amazing bond, i adore all 6 of my rabbits.
ruby loves food that i have..

jay will come over for a chat but not a fuss

eccles will stop for a cuddle and seems to respect me more after all shes been through, and me her.

Pixel and zuma i have had since birth so again a completley different bond with them than the others:love:

poppet being kept indoors and on her own i spend 80% of the day with her, to compensate her being on her own:love:

The bond I have with Barney is lovely :) he will come over and ask for cuddles, and will lie with me for hours if I carry on stroking him. Yesterday I kissed his face and he started licking mine :love: he often will run over to me when I walk in, and generally wants to be around me and will follow me about. He loves nose kisses. He is a very needy bunny, always wanting attention, although he is much better now he has a friend. Theres only two people he will let pick him up without fighting them, me and mark, my old housemate. I do wonder if perhaps our bond is too strong, because he doesnt groom Annabella like he does me, but then she wont groom him either. He loves her, but their bond is complex.

Annabella on the other hand is very independant, she doesnt need anybody, although a nervous nelly, and is happy exploring and doing bunny 500s by herself. I used to think she hated me, but I've mostly gained her trust now, and seen how much worse she is with other people so she must like me a little. She is happy to be around me but touching is out of the question. When its dinner time I am quite popular though :lol:

Lola and Max are bonded, but Lola needs me so much. If I'm away for one night she often has bouts of stasis and can sulk on my return for up to 3 days. I am her mummy, she knows this! :lol::love:

i have a good bond with amy she come over and lick me all over especially my legs/trousers

dec will come over but not lick :(

i have a VERY strong bond with bella. all i have to do is sit on the floor and she comes straight over and demands i stroke her. she will stretch right out her back legs stretched as far as they will go and she will even let me tickle her toes. she doesnt even flinch and i blow rasperies on her tummy :oops: . in the morning when i get up she binkys around my feet, i have many pets and i love them for all different reasons but what i have with bella i feel is really rare :)

now my bond with jasper is not the same, but i am most proud of him. he has such major trust issues but somehow he has found it in his heart to let his guard down, even a little bit with me and thats all i could ever ask for :love:

Back