• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beilidh's teeth..

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
I think they might be sore :?

(I know I posted on his other thread but thought I'd ask in health)

When he's eating his pellets I've notice he sort of eats with one side, and when he eats out my hand he moved round to one side as if he doesn't want to get it in that part of his mouth :? And he seems to take a little while to chew it, but that might just be me that thinks that.

Think is, when he eats anything else he just eats it normally. Except before he eats his hay he digs right into it with his face. I just thought it was a little thing he did, like a little quirk. I don't know though.

And today he's not ate very many pellets at all, he usually digs right in. But he's eating everything else fine.

We're gonna watch him and see what he's like tomorrow.Anyone know what could be wrong with him? Of course I'm a bit worried because he's eating funny, but its really only his pellets he eats funny (besides the diving into the hay) Or is this just normal? Thanks in advance xxx

Last edited:
If he is eating hay/veg and pooing he should be OK overnight but I would get the Vet to look at his teeth tomorrow. Some Rabbits go off pellets first if they have Dental problems. Others go off hay but will eat pellets. The fact that you are noticing something that does not seem right means a Vet check is necessary. Good luck :)

If he is eating hay/veg and pooing he should be OK overnight but I would get the Vet to look at his teeth tomorrow. Some Rabbits go off pellets first if they have Dental problems. Others go off hay but will eat pellets. The fact that you are noticing something that does not seem right means a Vet check is necessary. Good luck :)

Thank you, we'll probably phone tomorrow. :)

Let us know how you get on at the vets :)

When Ben had dental problems I noticed that he went off his hay first then his pellets, its definately worth a vetinary check up though :)

Sending vibes your way xx

Thought I'd just tell you all that Beilidh's been to the vet, she checked his teeth and tummy and bum and stuff, she just said not to worry because he eats lots of hay, grass, veg and herbs. She said pellets were just like treats to him; he doesn't need them, and his teeth are fine.
(I'm funnybunnyabc's cousin btw, she's not been on..so she said I could say on here)
:wave: xxx

Back