• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Special cases - Contains photos which some people may find upsetting

This is Scottie. He is a 2 year old mini rex who is now in rescue.
The reason he is here is because his previous owners had a baby, and were worried about the hygiene aspect of keeping a house rabbit with a young child as they found the child with a rabbit poop in his hand.

Unfortunately, Scottie isn't in the best of health at present. He has a severe infestation of mites which has made his back, chin and underside bald. Sadly thats not the end of his problems...

HPIM9434.jpg

Bald neck

HPIM9441.jpg

These are his nails - very long.

HPIM9435.jpg

HPIM9439.jpg

One of the nails had grown into the pad, causing him pain and discomfort.

HPIM9440.jpg

These are his feet. They are cut and swollen. He is now on mite treatment and antibiotics to treat the infection. Once he is healthy he will be looking for a home.

HPIM9443.jpg

HPIM9445.jpg

This is Lily who has come into rescue. Her previous owner was keeping her and her sister, Bella in the same hutch. The two rabbits had fought several times and the sister of the owner was worried about them and asked us to take them. When she went to collect them to bring them to the rescue, she found out that the girls have fought so badly they have caused damage to each other.

Very kindly, the sister rushed them to the vets before bringing them to us.

Lily's ears are bitten and swollen.

HPIM9453.jpg

Her lip had been spilt and is now stitched back together.

HPIM9452.jpg

Ragged edges from previous fights.

HPIM9466.jpg

Although she has been badly injured, she is such a sweetheart and a very good girl when its medicine time!
When she is better, we will have her spayed. We will then try her with a male rabbit to see if she can be paired. If she cannot then she will need a home as an only rabbit.

This is Bella who is from the same home as Lily. The two are now living separately.

HPIM9468.jpg

Her ear is wounded and swollen.

HPIM9469.jpg

When she is better, we will have her spayed. We will then try her with a male rabbit to see if she can be paired. If she cannot then she will need a home as an only rabbit.

Nasty wound on her tummy.

HPIM9479.jpg

Three beautiful bunnies :(:(:( All with such painful looking injuries.

Poor Scottie's feet...ouch :(

Sending lots of vibes for them, hope they recover well and find perfect homes :love:

Poor bunnies :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank goodness they are now safe with you.

They are all so gorgeous. I hope they can soon be patched up and well enough to look for a new home. :love::love:

Thank you :)

They are all on antibiotics and Scottie is on a course of mite treatment to clear it up. His feet are looking better already, but its early days for the lops so no improvements yet.

Oh my gosh.... :cry:
The poor darling.
And Scottie's feet :cry: :cry: :cry: He looks so sad... Really hope these 3 can find a home very soon - and I am sure they will be snapped up very quickly! :)

Thanks all :)

Scottie's owner's want him back and emailed me asking how he was. I told them and they said they got him pet shop stuff for the mites (even though hes been like that for a while) and his feet 'aren't that bad'

:censored:

Scottie's owner's want him back and emailed me asking how he was. I told them and they said they got him pet shop stuff for the mites (even though hes been like that for a while) and his feet 'aren't that bad'

I think that proves (not that you need any proof) that they don't deserve him back. :evil:

Well I'd like to see them wandering around barefoot with feet in the state Scottie's are/were in and see if they still think they "aren't that bad"

:evil:

Don't worry. There is no way Scottie will be going back to them. He is signed over to us anyway so they can't have him. They would have to get past me first anyway :lol:

The sister of the woman who owned Lily and Bella was so lovely. I said to her that I really didn't have room, but as it was an emergency I would find a way to accommodate both rabbits. So she went out and brought a brand new hutch for Bella :love: Its not big enough long-term, but she really did care enough to do that, get them away from the sister, bring them to us, take them to the vet etc. Shame her sister didn't care...

Don't worry though, Bella was having time out her hutch and now that Russell and Howard have gone to a new home, she has since been upgraded and is in one of our biggest hutches :)

:cry:OH THE POOR DARLINGS:cry:
So glad they are safe...the all look so sore....Bella looks just like my Arrabella:love:

Back