• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

get so frustrated..

xSmeffy123x

Alpha Buck
when in pets at home, you see the workers 'advising' customers on what brilliant hutches they have and the poor animals that will be destined for that tiny thing...
i'm getting to the point where i just want to shout at them while they are doing it... i know its not the workers fault they are doing what they have been told to do but :(

I'm "friendly" with two of my local P@H staff. They are brilliant...one especially. I was talking about hamster cages with one and he was saying how he refuses to sell a hamster to someone who buys anything but their largest ones (and campaigned for the HH to be sold in branch.) He will only sell the rabbits to at least a 5ft double hutch, and will refuse any sale/adoption to anyone he doesn't think is serious. There have been many refusals over the holiday time. :roll:

I think it completely depends on the staff...and their seniority. (Especially what power they have.) I just wish more were like them. :( ....and they stopped selling animals, of course!

On another note, a local pet shop to me has stopped selling ANY animals! :D I had a great chat with the manager about it!

i love to see pet shops who don't sell pets (admittedly i have learnt alot from RU but my two buns were from a shop, i will never again do that) but yeah i feel i will write in.. it just depresses me otherwise. i always go in and check the hamsters bottles have water because on many occassions they havent >_<

:) it is nice to know that there are staff out there who will morally do what is right even with that pressure to sell everything in their stores though

made me feel less frustrated but i will still write in now
thanks!

I went in on Sunday and saw a little boy (about 8/9) carrying a guinea pig in his arms to the till and they clipped his claws on the till desk. Then saw a worried looking lady with a guinea pig wrapped in a towel and soft bed thing, who had brought it in to ask advice. 'loads of dark green leafy veg' that's the best thing' then as she was leaving I heard them say it had a bad tummy. Yet no mention of hay, or taking to a vet rather than a bleedin pet shop :shock:

>_< i just want to go in there and go RU RU RU at them lol... please research your pet before you get one... poor guineas :(

Back