• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you ever felt like this?........

basirascal

Mama Doe
As many of you know we lost Basil on Monday. I know it is still early days and I have little Twinkle to focus on, but I just keep thinking back to Basil and going over the events of the weekend:cry: I feel so guilty should I have noticed something was wrong earlier? -could I have done more for him? -maybe I should have been quicker getting him to the vets (around 3 hours) -did I do something wrong when I was his bunny mummy?:cry: I know he was a poorly bun from the very start with his e.cuniculi and his dodgy kidney and then the snuffles and he was always at the vets, but.......:cry: anyone have any thoughts or experience of this?
By the way Twinkle seems to be settling in really well. He is really so tiny and has a vet check this afternoon, just to make sure he's ok, but I am becoming paranoid. I disnfected his water bottle 3 times yesterday:oops: cleaned his den out about 5 times, restricted his nuggets because I don't want to give him too many, I hardly dare introduce herbs, I've given him just a couple of tiny leaves -but Basil used to love them so much. The good thing is eats a massive amount of hay:) In fact an amazing amount for such a little chap he never stops. Poor Basil wasn't a big Hay eater, we tried lots of different types, but he was never keen.
Sorry for the long post, just feeling a bit worried about it all at the moment.

I reckon the majority of people feel similar and question things after a death, let alone an unexpected one.

At the end of the day, you did all you could, and you made the best choices you could make at the time; that's all anyone can do.

You're grieving. Be patient with yourself, and be very kind to yourself.

I understand how youre feeli g :cry:

When Tilly died I tormented myself with 'what ifs' and blamed myself for months. I was also so over paranoid about Timmy, and then Mimi aswell when wegot her. I used to wakeup every morning with a feeling of dread that I would find one of them really ill, sometimes Id even get up in the night to check on them :oops::(

It was a horrible time but it did ease over the months. I am now totally relaxed again now and can see that it was all just part of the trauma.

Im so sorry youre going through this :cry: (((HUGS)))

Back