• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cupcake's not eating: Someone please reply :(

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I have no money. I spent my last £20 yesterday on their food.

My parents think it's "no big deal". They won't pay.

She won't eat a thing:cry: She's still hopping around a lot and cleaning herself, she's even binkying, but she won't touch a thing:cry:

I'm scared and I don't know what to do:cry:

Last edited:
She just had the tiniest nibble of dandelion, other than that she was probably eating hay last night.

And no they don't:cry: xx

Has she been drinking? Are there any other vets in your area that might offer a payment plan? I'm really sorry she's not eating, what a worry :( Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will come along soon with advice. xx

Last edited:
:( Give her exercise, make her hop around to get her gut moving. Give a tummy massage and keep forcing her to eat. My Ben has went into a kind of mini stasis where he won't eat much at all for about 24 hours. Its happened about 3 times but I let him free range and he acts pretty normal exploring and then I keep sticking hay and pellets in front of his nose until he eats some. He usually won't eat but a strand or 2 at a time but every little bit helps.

You don't have any pain meds do you?

Has she been drinking? Are there any other vets in your area that might offer a payment plan? I'm really sorry she's not eating, what a worry :( Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will come along soon with advice xx

My vet is pretty much the only rabbit savvy one in the area:( I wouldn't trust her anywhere else.

I saw her drinking this morning... she's started laying down now:cry: xx

Okay, firstly, do NOT panic. Cupcake will pick up on that.

Time for a bunny buffet. Get everything you have that you know Cupcake will eat and annoy the living daylights out of him/her by constantly putting it under his/her nose and mouth. Keep it up, and eventually, you may find he/she will eat out of frustration to make you go away.

HOWEVER if this was a blockage at all, you should NOT force feed under any circumstances.

Do you have any friends you could borrow the money from at all, or other family members?

You could try gently rubbing her tummy and syringing some lukewarm water, incase she has gas or something. Maybe not, but it can't hurt to try. x

Okay, firstly, do NOT panic. Cupcake will pick up on that.

Time for a bunny buffet. Get everything you have that you know Cupcake will eat and annoy the living daylights out of him/her by constantly putting it under his/her nose and mouth. Keep it up, and eventually, you may find he/she will eat out of frustration to make you go away.

HOWEVER if this was a blockage at all, you should NOT force feed under any circumstances.

Do you have any friends you could borrow the money from at all, or other family members?

Thankyou.

I booked her in at the vets anyway, but the earliest they had was three this afternoon. They said they might be able to help me out with money as long as I could pay something today, which I might be able to get my mum to help with.

How would I know if it's a blockage? She's done some poos...

ETA: I just shoved a bag of hay in her face and she ate a strand.

Last edited:
Thankyou.

I booked her in at the vets anyway, but the earliest they had was three this afternoon. They said they might be able to help me out with money as long as I could pay something today, which I might be able to get my mum to help with.

How would I know if it's a blockage? She's done some poos...

Yuo wouldnt know without a veterinary examination :(

The vet sounds promising, even if you can only pay say the consultation fee, they may allow you to just pay the rest of the medication within, for example 10 working day?

Do the poos she has done look relatively normal?

Yuo wouldnt know without a veterinary examination :(

The vet sounds promising, even if you can only pay say the consultation fee, they may allow you to just pay the rest of the medication within, for example 10 working day?

Do the poos she has done look relatively normal?

Normal size, bit dark and a bit damp.

She doesn't sound too bad to me if her poos are normal sized but I'm no expert. Make sure she moves around a lot and keep sticking food under her nose and see how she is this afternoon. Then you can decide whether she should see the vet or not as vet visits can stress rabbits.

She doesn't sound too bad to me if her poos are normal sized but I'm no expert. Make sure she moves around a lot and keep sticking food under her nose and see how she is this afternoon. Then you can decide whether she should see the vet or not as vet visits can stress rabbits.

She's eating a few strands of hay and green oat now... I keep making sure she's hopping about and drinking too.

I'll just keep her in all of today and decide later, like you said.

It sounds just like Ben's "Mini stasis episodes" :? I don't know what causes those, its like for no reason he has an off day. Hopefully like Ben she'll be back to her normal self within 24 hours.

It doesn't sound to me like a blockage, or even gas (although obviously can't say for sure either way). She sounds like some of my dental bunnies; bright, but not able to eat.

Keep calm, keep trying and keep tempting :)

It doesn't sound to me like a blockage, or even gas (although obviously can't say for sure either way). She sounds like some of my dental bunnies; bright, but not able to eat.

Keep calm, keep trying and keep tempting :)

Thankyou.

She's a dwarf lop so it may well be dental, but the only food she's interested in (and nibbling on) is hay, so I'm not sure.

Thankyou.

She's a dwarf lop so it may well be dental, but the only food she's interested in (and nibbling on) is hay, so I'm not sure.

With teeth different bunnies can and eat different things. Just, the fact she is acting totally normal and happy doesn't, to me, indicate gut pain. Could be many things though.

Back