• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet Bunnies

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
We have torrential rain here, its not stopped raining for 3-4 days
All around the playhouse and run - which is raised is flooded :(
But despite the run being covered by tarpaulin - one half has no perspex round the edges and so its being blown in. One of my boys this morning was sat right in it :roll:

He was soaked....what can I do to stop him catching pneumonia - or will he be ok?

His coat should be quite water resistant, if you run your hand against the direction of fur growth the base of his coat/skin should be relatively dry. If it isnt and he really is soaked through to the skin I'd dry him off as much as possible using towels/kitchen roll.

Can you do anything to make the run area more protected from the torrential rain ?

Ive pulled the tarpaulin ofer to create an over hang . Half the run is perspexed but one panel isnt n thats where is sat! He was completely soaked as in ringing wet. I did dry as much as i could without stressing him. Did wpnder about bringing him in"

You'd think they would have the sense to go under cover!! :roll: Hope he's ok. I'd maybe keep him in til he dries...? Just thinking the atmosphere outside might be damp and it might take him longer to dry?

I have brought them in for half an hour to towel dry them and help them dry off properly before putting them back outside.

I think the best thing is to get a bit more perspex/tarp to stop it from blowing in

Back