• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please help my little bunny =(

The photo has come up quite small so is a bit difficult to see. . .

from what can be seen it looks like sightly swollen testicles

If you are in Europe (and in particular England) then Myxomatosis can cause swollen genitals.

Is your rabbit vaccinated against this disease?

Swollen testicals don't have to be myxomatosis. It can also be bunny syphilis which is easily curable.

They look rather black to me. Does he live with other bunnies who may haven bitten his testicals, which then got inflammed?

In any case he very urgently needs to see a vet cos otherwise ha may die.
Which city do you live in, so someone here can recommend a vet in your area.

Unfortunately,
iam from a very far country
iam from the Arabian Gulf .. but i need your opinios about the best Medicine for him .. the vet told me that his Testicles must be removed .. but i think that will hurt him alot .. :cry:
also i think there is alot of Medicines that could help reducing his pain

thaaank you very much fooor your help .. :angel:

and this is a bigger picture :

(click on the link plz)

http://www4.0zz0.com/2011/08/10/23/554998798.jpg

:(:(

Last edited:
If the vet says his testicles need to be removed, then that is best for him. The operation will be done when he is under anesthetic (made to sleep for a short time with medicine) so he will not feel it, and you can ask the vet to have some painkillers (medicine to reduce the pain) to make sure it will not hurt him when he wakes up. Ask the vet for some painkillers to give him at home as well.

If his testicles are swollen he is probably in pain now, so it is best to do what your vet says as soon as possible.

The names of the medicines and painkillers are probably different in your country. You will have to ask your vet.

Swollen testicals don't have to be myxomatosis. It can also be bunny syphilis which is easily curable.

They look rather black to me. Does he live with other bunnies who may haven bitten his testicals, which then got inflammed?

No he is alone on a cage .. i think the cage is starts to be little rusty .. so this might be the cause

If the vet says his testicles need to be removed, then that is best for him. The operation will be done when he is under anesthetic (made to sleep for a short time with medicine) so he will not feel it, and you can ask the vet to have some painkillers (medicine to reduce the pain) to make sure it will not hurt him when he wakes up. Ask the vet for some painkillers to give him at home as well.

If his testicles are swollen he is probably in pain now, so it is best to do what your vet says as soon as possible.

The names of the medicines and painkillers are probably different in your country. You will have to ask your vet.

thaaaaank you alot brother .. :)

Aww poor bunny! :cry:
He does need to see the vet urgently and if testical removal is what is advised then that is the best option. It is a fairly minor operation and he will be under a general anasthetic so will not know what is going on.
Just make sure he has pain relief after the operation as he is likely to be quite sore.

having the testicals removed is actually quite a quick operation and very little pain afterwards (and the vet will give pain relief).

It is done to most rabbits in England to stop them from breeding.

Once they are removed he can also have a friendly female bunny come and keep him company . . but you need to wait a month or so until this can happen.

Good luck!

Back