• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skye is getting spayed

in 2 weeks time :D

Vet wasnt happy to do it until she was a bit bigger, but i took her for a check up today as Marley had to have his myxi. Shes being done on the 24th and i cant wait! One step closer to bonding :)

There are so many opinions on how long to give them cage rest for though. Im borrowing a 4ft dog crate, how long should she be confined in there for? Will she be able to have short periods out of the crate? I dont like cooping her up. :(

Dolly had complete cage rest for 2 days and i then let her out to play with Marley at half hour intervals twice a day as he wasnt coping well without her, and i couldnt see if she was pooing/eating if they were kept together.

Mine were in for about 5 days. I knew when they were ready to go back to 'normal'... If that makes sense. They probably could have gone back sooner but I wanted to be sure their wounds were healed properly. Fern has a habit of pushing herself to the limit! Lol.

Mine were in for about 5 days. I knew when they were ready to go back to 'normal'... If that makes sense. They probably could have gone back sooner but I wanted to be sure their wounds were healed properly. Fern has a habit of pushing herself to the limit! Lol.

Does your dog crate have 2 doors? Im thinking of having your 2 in the dog crate with an extension until Skye goes to the vets Wednesday, then spending the day neutralisising my room and the landing, changing toys blankets etc and swapping them round. I can keep myself busy then too.

Back