• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescued these 2 living in a tiny tank for over a year

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
owners were moving so wanted rid :shock:they came with a fish that luckily had not been eaten,the tank was about 40 cm long,half of the tank was filled with a giant filter that must have been deafeningk,when hubby picked the tank up it was covered in chip fat :shock:
IMG_5118.jpg

Above is Hattie
Below is Rufus
we think they are musk turtles
IMG_5124.jpg

That first little face!!!! Bless!!!:love::love:
My vet has had a turtle/terrapin for over 20 yrs.They live ages,dont they??

yes musk turtles,really cute,they were £15 with tank and accessories a fish and some free chip fat smothered all over :shock: when I rang the doorbell she asked me if I had come for her bed or the turtles as she was selling everything :shock:The fish follows them and licks their shells :lol:
They are in a 4ft tank now and they dont know what to do with the space
Also she said they didnt have any food for them,probably as the food is quite expensive and as she was getting rid (her words) I suppose she didnt bother,they were absolutely starving so much so that one ate the others poo :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Luckily I have my smiley turtle Mrytle so I had plenty of food
They can live about 20 years,they are so so cute :love::love::love:
oh and she emptied the tank with her glass she had just drank out of :lol:
Then when we were there someone rang from London as it was on Gumtree,they wanted the turtles and the tank delivered to their door,we are in Bournemouth :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Gosh, its a wonder they or the fish survived. Think they'll have a much nicer life with you :D

Back