• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tetanus jab needed?

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
Will i need one - i was scratched by a strangers bunny. Pretty deeply with flappy bits of skin etc.

I dont think they are needed anymore but OH thinks i might be wrong? Savlon will be ok wont it? I washed it out and put hand sanitiser on it. (Owww)

You should have had all thats needed by now,hun.Just wash it well,dry it and dress.Should be ok.xxx

I doubt it very much but its worth having a tetanus jab every (I think 10) years

Ah - maybe i'm a liiiitttle overdue.

I will ask next time i'm at the Dr's but i wont make a special trip. Thanks Webble x

I'd get it just to be on the safe side xx

eta: they are needed, I had one last year when I got a deep bite from bloss (I split up a nasty bunny fight and she thought I was the bunny she was after! :roll: ) I had a tetunus jab when I was very little and now I'm 15 so that's not a lot of years between them! x

Last edited:
As far as I know, most people have a booster done as routine (at school etc) at about 14 and then it needs doing about every 10 years after that up to a maximum of 5 (I think?) vaccines. So if you've had a jab within the last 10 years or you've had 5 during your life you are fine.

It's 5 in a lifetime. Most people have three as a baby, one at about 8, and one at about 15 or so. That's all you need for lifetime protection. If you're worried you can contact your docs and find out if you're covered or not. Reception should be able to tell you.

I'm sure i had boosters as a kid - my mum would've made sure - and i had all jabs up to date at 18 when i started a new job but nothing since. The cuts arent that deep - i think i'll be fine - they've healed really well actually. If they needed dressing or soemthing then maybe i'd be more concerned.

Back