• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bluebell needs surgery..vibes please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bluebell is going into vets tomorrow morning to have an operation....

please send vibes to keep her safe tonight at home.

please send more vibes toorrow for her op.

worried sick:(

God,you are having a worrying time with yours.:shock:
Cant be doing much for your health either,Debs,so sending vibes to the buns AND to you.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all so much..it means everything to have vibes sent....shes going to need it..im terrified...will she survive the GA..she feels feverish and i guess its from the lump.....will that mean they wont operate?:(

when they get there..what will they find......can they do anything......

shes been through the ringer...shes a moody territorial bullying missus..but we love her..even the cats who shes tried to kill tonight.......shes in so much pain shes gone nuts..metacam has done nothing..the vet made it sore i guess.

aunty angie...she says thank you..she does love nosey rubs and cheeky rubs..but isnt a cuddly girl..but loved all the same..wheras her sister was a dalring and loved to be hugged...but bluebells a law unto herself.

she knows somethings up...she can sense it. vibes and more vibes please..im dreading the morning...:(

sorry only just got online:shock:

i went and hoovered and steam cleaned the lounge floor...and was about to steam clean their bed..but theyd weed on it:shock:

so i never heard the phone go...i rang the vets and they said it wasnt a nurse..it was the vet ruth calling me..they wouldnt say how she was..but the vet would ring me from our local branch at 4pm

omg that was the longest 2hrs ever:(

good news and bad news......good news is she survived the GA and procedure...shes awake but a bit groggy and has eaten a few pellets:love:
BUT...now the bad news:(

the lump was the size of a big peach stone:shock: it was neither an abcess or a cyst..which we were banking on it being one or the other:(

it was tethered to a weird fatty mass...which when cut open showed deep lymph gland channels all the way down:shock:

ruth said she has sent the lump and a bit of the tissue to a special lab...and we will hopefully get the results back monday.

she said its best to determine exactly what it is before cutting anymore of the channeled fat away..and then to decide what to do..if anything can be done:?:(

im so releived shes survived..theyve used internal dissolving stitches and wound closing glue.....as she can get to the area by scratching...if normal stitches were used..shed rip em out.

i wanted to get her home asap for bertie...but she needs to be 100% eating and up and around..its so easy for them to then go downhill once home as the stress overloads them.

she said ideally she wanted to keep her in to monitor her progress and keep up the extra strong pain relief.......but if bertie was ill because of being seperated.....then i could have her home.

i opted for the best place for big blue......and just gave bertie added attention....and nikkis asleep downstairs..she came down to fuss bertie and get a drink..had a giddy turn legs buckled etc etc..the drag downstairs...its more like shes dragging herself than walking:shock: But i think berties secretly overjoyed shes asleep down there..he has his doggy steps to look over the top of the settee to see if shes there...if his leg isnt as painful..he will get up and kiss her and then fall off his doggy stairs.

hes been very upset looking for bluebell.....but cleaning up i was talking to him and he pretended noot to be scared of the hoover;)

i keep telling him..its ok..ill get big b u m in the morning.....and he seems to have accepted shes alive but at vets. Hes majorly snuffly though..only got two pinches of bisolvin left:(

i will borrow beg but not steal taxi fare to collect her tomorow from wherever she is in the morning...for berties sake as much as hers.

the cats are very distressed.....they keep looking for her in a worried way. its so odd she hates them but they still hope she will love them..and theyve been very concerned shes not here.:love:

poor bluebell....my hearts going to be in my throat until the results come back.

as if that all wasnt enuff today...my card got declined at the atm for insufficiant funds:shock: i have £16 to my name......im about £3,500 in debt:cry: not paying overdraft fees..which is a blessing...but now of all times.......nikki got £40 for her birthday and ive spent half on taxi fare past 2 days back n forth to vets:(

sigh...

come on bluebell fight the fight...wiggle the furry butt...we need you home safe n sound :love:

Sending huge hugs to you and all the buns, your vet sounds brilliant, your luck :)

I hope I'm right by saying that at least it wasn't an absess,or tumor and I'm keeping everything crossed for u that the results that come back Monday are positive and everything is fine!

Please let me know what it comes back as, either my pm or here, will be thinking of you all

:)

Xx

Back