• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisie

hayzeh88

New Kit
My 1 year old dwarf lop girl Maisie has always been very independent and does not like being picked up or stroked from the day she was a baby rabbit. I feel like this was partially the member of staff at pets at home who showed me maisie as the member of staff did not hold her properly and she nearly dropped her a couple of times.

She did not like being touched or stroked. I have been constantly gentle and fed her treats from my hand to show that hands will not hurt her. I got her spayed when she was 6 months old. I figure that she is not the bonding with humans type because she's a year old now and she doesn't seem interested still. I keep trying with her and she thumps when i'm near her or try and make contact. I'm really upset with her because she doesnt want any human affection I know this is her personality and you have to accept your rabbit for what it is. But I am not sure what to do anymore.

rbjl0y.jpg

this is maisie

Last edited:
Sorry I got a bit confused. Are you upset because she is not a people bunny? That's just life and you can't make her what she isn't. Why are you thinking of splitting them up? I have two bunnies who like being stroked on their terms. I would love them to enjoy being picked up and cuddled but they hate it and find it stressful. All completely natural for a prey animal. They are individuals and we should accept them the way they are and love them unconditionally.

yeah i think im upset cause shes not a people bunny. she got tiny bit better when she was spayed. i cant split them up though. its not fair :) i'll just leave her be then i guess! worth a shot though!

Last edited:
Back