• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prettylupin...Im interested in the book Greenfoods for rabbits & cavies :-)

chelle

Warren Veteran
Prettylupin: A book I have found helpful in the past is Green foods for rabbits and cavies. The author, a vet, describes a great deal of wild plants with their benefits and uses from a medicinal point of view.

Hi!:wave: you mentioned the above^^ in a post in the Diet section...so I googles thebook as it sounded great and found there are 2! One I think has been revised...

Wondering which one you have?

and does anyone else have one or use it?
Are the main benefits for how plants help?

thankyou!;)

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=207

I think this is the revised 9th edition?
http://www.furandfeather.co.uk/bookreviews_greenfoods.htm

Maybe PM and send a link to the thread? With Sammy Starfish she only gets on sporadically so will likely miss a thread speific to her unless she has a pointer :)

Maybe PM and send a link to the thread? With Sammy Starfish she only gets on sporadically so will likely miss a thread speific to her unless she has a pointer :)

Thankyou - I will do...just sounded very interesting this book...and of course....Sammy Starfish...how :oops:..

Will PM her a little link...no rush really.....:)

I have this book - the new version. It is very good :) It not only lists the safe/non-safe plants, it actually tells you why they are good and what they are good for (or bad for).

The only little comment I would have about it, is that not all useful plants are listed. There are a few (sorry I can't remember which ones now :oops:), which are not mentioned in the book, however are still good for buns.

It is a very useful book for foraging, but slightly less useful if you are trying to work out which of your garden plants are safe to leave within bunny reach :)

I have this book - the new version. It is very good :) It not only lists the safe/non-safe plants, it actually tells you why they are good and what they are good for (or bad for).

The only little comment I would have about it, is that not all useful plants are listed. There are a few (sorry I can't remember which ones now :oops:), which are not mentioned in the book, however are still good for buns.

It is a very useful book for foraging, but slightly less useful if you are trying to work out which of your garden plants are safe to leave within bunny reach :)

thankyou for that! yeah - i do find that there isnot abook with everything we need!:? But Im interested in what the plants do and then can provide them with a mixture of all I guess and not overload them with too much of one plant....its difficult to get variation throughout the year I find.
Thanks for that!

Does it have pictures?;)

Hi Chelle :wave: I have replied on your thread but thank you for your PM :D:wave:

Mine is the 9th ed published in 2007 with additional chapters by Allan Trigg. Hope that helps :):wave:

You kind of have to ignore the references to his rabbits as 'stock' but otherwise it is a very helpful reference. Of course it does not include all safe plants, no book does, but in conjunction with other reference books it is the one I have found to be most helpful. I also have a very useful wild flower hardback reference book (not specific to rabbits) just natural history, that Thumps kindly gave me as a gift - fantastic! :D

Hi Chelle :wave: I have replied on your thread but thank you for your PM :D:wave:

Mine is the 9th ed published in 2007 with additional chapters by Allan Trigg. Hope that helps :):wave:

You kind of have to ignore the references to his rabbits as 'stock' but otherwise it is a very helpful reference. Of course it does not include all safe plants, no book does, but in conjunction with other reference books it is the one I have found to be most helpful. I also have a very useful wild flower hardback reference book (not specific to rabbits) just natural history, that Thumps kindly gave me as a gift - fantastic! :D

thanks hun! this is great...think I may have to get one....now the other book sounds great too!:roll::lol::lol::lol:

Back