• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Continuation of baby bunny update :)

Aprilb

Young Bun
All babies are now very lively lovely boos.
There now 20 days old and hopping in and out of there beds and they LOVE munching on mummies grass and sorting through her food bowl.
There so full of trouble and so funny to watch.

Mummy Daisy and Babie
222.jpg

Munching
219.jpg

Tillys Babies after an hour hopping round
221.jpg

:love:

Looks like poor mummy bunny is struggling with excecc caecotrophs. Is that due to the unlimited pellets?

Arr soft poo, she's been like this since she had the babies. she has 2 days of hard then a day of soft or there abouts. I'd put it down to feeding the babies. Is there something wrong with her?

She's on stuff called fruity rabbit and then jas a coupl of hand fulls of fresh grass, dock leaves and dandilion leaves and also has carrots, apples cabbage.

If you can, graudally adjust her diet so that it is not so high in sugar (so lose the carrots and any fruit) and maybe contains more leafy greens (although I wouldn't introduce anything new whilst she is feeding the kits, but you can remove things) and it might be worth slowly swapping her food over to a pellet, but I'm not sure whether or not that's smart whilst the babies are little, although I suspect her immunity will pass to them, if you do it slowly.

A paint scrapper will get those dried ones off really well :D (Sky-O's handy hint of the day :lol:)

lol thank you, it really does look alot worse in the photo. It was all scrubbed down with water on sunday and that was in it thismorning before i cleaned it out :oops:. They are really rather clean 90% of the time.

my matilda got them reli bad when she was on unlimited pellets after having gracie! boy am I glad thats over aha!they stank!

Back