• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i feel guilty

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i'm off work this week which has worked out well for settling Edward and Bella in their new home, however, just 'cos i'm off work i don't won't them to be under the impression that they can have free run all day.

i've been getting up at the same time each day (though not as early as a working day) letting them out for a run around for an hour then a few pellets for breakfast before putting them back in their pe. they stare at me as if to say "well you're here why can't we come out"?

i them let them out at 6pm as this is a fairly regular home time for me, they get run around time until 10.30/11.00, as this is my average bed time.

am i doing the right thing?

em

Aw - I think you're being very disciplined - i wouldn't be able to resist their little faces! I would agree it's good to get them in a routine while they're in their new home.

Ours have a very similar routine to yours. Sometimes OH works from home and lets them out in the day, and all they do is run from their pen to their favourite spot behind the sofa and ball up there all day - they don't even move! I think it's important that they know their routine initally though, and it's not going to hurt them.

Aw - I think you're being very disciplined - i wouldn't be able to resist their little faces! I would agree it's good to get them in a routine while they're in their new home.

Ours have a very similar routine to yours. Sometimes OH works from home and lets them out in the day, and all they do is run from their pen to their favourite spot behind the sofa and ball up there all day - they don't even move! I think it's important that they know their routine initally though, and it's not going to hurt them.

its very, very hard to resist!!, thanks for the response, mine too run to their favourite spot and "hunker down". theyre in the pen now snoozing:love:

i've been getting up at the same time each day (though not as early as a working day) letting them out for a run around for an hour then a few pellets for breakfast before putting them back in their pe. they stare at me as if to say "well you're here why can't we come out"?

em

I really must start wearing glasses - I thought that said 'putting them back in their pie:shock:'

don't worry they used to live in my study where i did all my design work, their little pathetic faces used to look up at me all the time like "err hello!?" :lol::lol::lol:

Back