• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Angry!

We're looking after a neighbour's rabbits and her mum (who lives elsewhere) just came round and complained that we put a large run in the garden so that the bunnies could have more space. :censored: I don't even know why she goes to the house when they're out...

Dawn (neighbour) is really nice and said it's up to us what we use to give the buns exercise so took the run round. Her mum, ignoront, busy body, just came round complaing saying that she knocked it and the lid caved in... that's because it's not set up for them to go in it today! :censored: She's accusing us of hurting the rabbits cos they would get crushed if they were in it. They weren't in it though! :? I know how to secure that run and we've told her that but she wont listen and insists it's dangerous and is telling us not to use it. She then says they would dig out. :roll: There's paving slabs under the grass and even if they were to get out *which they wouldn't* the garden is bunny proof. :roll:

I'm so angry that she thinks we don't care about those rabbits when we do hence the reason I took the big run round!!! With toys which the buns loved. We're also taking one of the rabbits to the vets today because he has runny eyes, she didn't notice that. :roll: We care more than she does. Oh and she's taking round food, which is probably why they aren't eating what they're meant to and worrying me even more. One of the rabbits is obese and needs food limited. :evil:

I'm fuming, sorry I ranted on here but had to let it out. :oops:

So why did the owner of the rabbits ask you to look after them rather than her own mother, seeing as she is in visiting distance?

You don't need to answer that it's :censored: obvious to me why and perhaps the mother know it too :evil:

Sounds like sour grapes to me :?

She sounds like an interfering busybody. Ignore her - your neighbours trusted their buns with you not her, which speaks volumes. If the vet says he needs to go on a diet then you can tell her that tomorrow and say any additional food is risking his health and request she doesn't do it any more, will sound better sayiong it's 'vets orders' rather than it being your own opinion. They probably don't even know she's nosy poking about tbh.

Thank you, she was extremely rude. My mum answered the door and she called the run "a contraption". :roll:

She also accused us of not feeding them because there was no food bowl! So I told her the buns don't have a food bowl because fifi throws it round so instead of chucking it in the hutch, I put it on a brick to keep it tidy and it's been working well. You should have seen her face change. :lol:

2 of my bunnies don't have food bowls- there is no need for them as they eat their food straight away and so I just put it in a pile on the floor for them.

Snowdrop does have a bowl as she likes to save some of her pellets for during the day so I like to keep it tidy.

2 of my bunnies don't have food bowls- there is no need for them as they eat their food straight away and so I just put it in a pile on the floor for them.

Snowdrop does have a bowl as she likes to save some of her pellets for during the day so I like to keep it tidy.

exactly :) But it doesn't mean we don't feed the buns :shock:

exactly :) But it doesn't mean we don't feed the buns :shock:

I often have to ring my OH at work to ask if he fed the bunnies in a morning! As im off work he will feed them at 7:30am before he leaves and when I get up and go out about 9am to let them out they always have nothing left and look at me as if to say "well aren't you gonna feed us"!

With Strawbs its impossible to tell whether he was fed ten minutes ago or not as he scoffs the lot and is always begging for more!

I often have to ring my OH at work to ask if he fed the bunnies in a morning! As im off work he will feed them at 7:30am before he leaves and when I get up and go out about 9am to let them out they always have nothing left and look at me as if to say "well aren't you gonna feed us"!

With Strawbs its impossible to tell whether he was fed ten minutes ago or not as he scoffs the lot and is always begging for more!

aww :lol:

mine are like that too, they always act like they've not been fed for a week :lol:

Taken mr Bunny to the vets, he has conjuctivitus :( Got some eye drops for him though. Guess what I found in the hutch when I went over to get him? .............................

TOAST! No wonder he's so fat and not eating what he's meant too! :roll:

That's so rude of her! Your doing her daughter a massive favour and all she can do is complain! Some people are so ungrateful! Try to ignore what she says, she has no idea what she is talking about, and their not even her rabbits!
Your a great owner and those bunnies are very lucky to have such a kind neighbour, don't let some bossy busy body persuade you otherwise!:D

That's so rude of her! Your doing her daughter a massive favour and all she can do is complain! Some people are so ungrateful! Try to ignore what she says, she has no idea what she is talking about, and their not even her rabbits!
Your a great owner and those bunnies are very lucky to have such a kind neighbour, don't let some bossy busy body persuade you otherwise!:D

thanks Carys. She was really horrible :shock: xx

thanks Carys. She was really horrible and even upset my mum! :shock: xx

Taken mr Bunny to the vets, he has conjuctivitus :( Got some eye drops for him though. Guess what I found in the hutch when I went over to get him? .............................

TOAST! No wonder he's so fat and not eating what he's meant too! :roll:

Poor Mr Bunny! Lots of get well soon vibes for him!

Toast!!:shock: Are you serious! Yes, no wonder he's a chubby bunny!

wow! What a horrible rude, sirespectful busy bidy of a lady who obviously knows nothing about rabbit care! Toast???? Seriously...:?

Id def. have a chat with your neighbour when she comes back and say how upset you were made to feel when you were making sure the rabbits well beings were first. Perhaps the neighbour doesnt want her mother to feed her buns because of all the hassle.....wonder if she knew her mother was coming round all the time?

well - ignore her - continue to care for the buns and even video them so your neighbour can see they are being looked after....just actual proof against the nightmare mother!:roll:

wow! What a horrible rude, sirespectful busy bidy of a lady who obviously knows nothing about rabbit care! Toast???? Seriously...:?

Id def. have a chat with your neighbour when she comes back and say how upset you were made to feel when you were making sure the rabbits well beings were first. Perhaps the neighbour doesnt want her mother to feed her buns because of all the hassle.....wonder if she knew her mother was coming round all the time?

well - ignore her - continue to care for the buns and even video them so your neighbour can see they are being looked after....just actual proof against the nightmare mother!:roll:

thank you, I've got some pics of them and they look happy enjoying the tunnel, I'll upload them. :)

Back