• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's a wildie sat outside my house!

xxranxx

Alpha Buck
It was sat in the road but some one started a car and it's under a different car now :( I don't think it's Ill iv seen it grooming self and hopping about but I'm worried it will get run over :( if I try and get to it I think it will just panic and run possibly down my road to a main road. Poor thing god knows why it's sat on the tarmac there's fields all round the back of us. Any advice? :)

:idea:Just speculating here.
If its not an ill wildie is there any chance its actually a domestic agouti?
It seems strange behaviour for a healthy wildie.

Wildies have huge eyes, so if they're not apparent or appear small my guess it's possibly got mixie......see it all the time at work.... :(

take some noms and have a closer look, if it is a wildie see if you can heard it towards the fields, but it would be a shame if its a domestic and noones tried to catch it because its agouti.

if you saw one of mine in the street (prob on an escape mission), you'd prob think she's a wildie, although I suspect there might be wildie in a parent/grandparent somewhere. I'm absolutely hopeless on breeds though. What's an agouti?

hmm its now sat under a neighbours car but it looks like a wildie (no one that lives immediately round me has rabbits) but i suppose it could be domestic (it looks very athletic thought which is why i presumed wild) im scared to try and get it as i can get under car and dont want to frighten it into harms way :( and the guys car is parked right outside his house hel think im strange trying to crawl under his car... poor thing im worried now that it could be a pet :( and it doesnt look loved either way ... any ideas on how to get it?

Get a carrier, some noms, take them out. Put your hand under the car towards it, offering food - if its a fairly friendly domestic it will likely come to you and eat, then its a case of luring it out and grabbing it and putting in the carrier.

If when youre close up you can see its a wildie, try and herd it back to the fields or if its ill try and catch it or call rspca.

im trying to pluck up the courage to knock on the door of the guy who owns the car to help me so he doesnt think im just looking under his car :oops:

Any news?

it was still there when i went out armed with noms and a carrier full of hay so got a neighbour to help me (he was totally useless kept telling me to leave it coz its got myxi):roll: anyway i couldnt reach it so tried to heard it to carrier and it shot round and ran off into someones garden (which i believe could have gaps onto field and may of been how it ended up near houses) it didnt look myxi eyes bright and wide and it ran off soo fast most of the myxi wildies iv seen have been very easy to grab and dont seem bothered about running so fingers crossed it just got lost:) thanks for advice everyone!
neighbours are going to keep eyes out for it and let me know if it ends up in garden looking ill as i said il take it to vets :)

Back