• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was browsing through Rescue sites ..

whitehood

Warren Veteran
And I saw a rabbit, doe, lop and adorable :love:

It's a shame she belonged to a rescue far away from me :[

Don't let the distance put you off! ;) Rescues closer to your house can do the home checks and you can arrange with the rescue so that you can take the bunny home the day you meet her - thats if you fall in love.

I live in Gloucestershire but have travelled quite some distance to get my bunnies ..... I think a 300 mile round trip was the longest.

some very kind RU people once did a bunnyrun (luvabun and oldie-bunny)from York rescue for my bun Sooty(I live in Gloucester)

but I also did a bunnyrun down to Bristol then kept those buns overnight and next day went to North Cotswolds for someone. (That bunny was going from Cornwall to Northants I think).

my daughter (bunlover) has often done a bunnyrun from Slough to me ( and vice versa) when she visits me.

You would need to discuss the temperaments of each of the bunnies with the rescue though to be fairly sure they are likely to bond before taking one on.

Ideally you could let your bunny speed-date at a nearby rescue as the fluffy little thing you think is cute, may not be to your bun's liking at all and he may chose a quite different looking one!

sue:wave:

I'm not going to contact that rescue, because bonding will be an issue, etc.
Not to mention stress to the bun :(

Back