• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else get random veg offerings for their rabbits?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
A woman who lives down the street just turned up at the door with a big lettuce asking if we wanted it for the rabbits, we've never even talked to her before and she lives further up so rarely passes our house :? :lol: Very nice offering though, of course I had to tell her rabbits can't actually have lettuce. I've had a few other neighbours giving us bits of veg and pulled up dandelions too, it's not a particularly 'friendly' or 'welcoming' street but it's nice to know people care :lol:

Our neighbours often drop in veggies for our piggies (and now our rabbit) they have also been known to hand in things for the cats. They are lovely :D

People leave veg stuff and newspapers on our doorstep. I often dont know who they are from. :lol:

our neightbour tho friend really, gave us LOAdS of friut and veg, as she was going on holiday, the bunnies must of thought it was christmas!!

My neighbours are horrible but my mum always drops off a bag of peelings or brocolli stumps after work (She is a cook)! ;)

All my newspapers are donated from friends and neighbours.

Sometimes I find a bag of veg or apples on the doorstep, or a pile of dandelions from a mega weeding session. I can usually tell who they are from by where they are left. Whatever is left will get eaten by something small and furry here.

I'm going to check out some hay tomorrow from a friend's field - not free, but cheaper than my usual source and a years supply guaranteed - fingers crossed.

Not long after a man came to the door asking for some wood out of our skip to make some beehives :lol: It's all give and take here

My neighbours bring me all the outside leaves from their spring greens and the tops from the carrots that they grow. I come home from work and find them hanging out of the letterbox :lol:

used to have a neighbour who gave us the leafy bits off celery. Had GPs then too. We moved tho. Sometimes get a bag of mixed leaves from neighbours who can't use the whole bag.

Once a neighbour had spent all morning pulling up weeds from the roadside and offered them to me. I politely accepted and put them straight in the bin!

My next door neighbours' landlord came by this weekend and cut down the crabapple tree in their garden. He left me two huge bags of branches for the buns which I'm drying for winter. I picked off all the crabapples, made jelly and gave him a jar to say thanks ;)

Back