• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

at my wits end with bella!

I'm really hoping someone can provide some help as bunny is driving me mad! She has been spayed for 1.5 yrs and perfectly litter trained but for the last month she has decided to only use the tray occasionally and the floor around it most of the time. We haven't changed anything and she just had a check up at the vets, so I really don't know what the matter is!

Have you had any new additions to your household? Any changes?

When you say a vet check, what did the vets do? Blood tests?

No changes, this is why I can't understand what's gone wrong. She just had her usual 6 monthy check up, no blood tests. She's still binkying away like mad - her usual self really!

You could put paper or something round outside of the litter tray, and when she pees on it rip the wet bit off and put it in the tray, and put poos in too. That's how I littertrained Sox. I don't know if this will help but I suppose its worth a try? Or nudge her in when she starts to do the toilet elsewhere?

Only, she isn't herself because her behaviour has changed.

Have you tried different litter trays?

Personally, if that were one of mine I would be looking at whether or not she could get into the litter tray (and experiment as such, trying lower sided things- something like an injury or arthritis might be a possibility) and if she could actually hold her wee look enough to get in there.

I personally would cover the floor with something water proof, like tarpaulin, and then use something over it that was washable, to soak up any urine, so that it didn't matter a huge deal if she didn't go in the litter tray.

At a regular six month health check they might be unlikely to find anything unless you specifically asked them to look for it, and maybe not even then. It took me several visits to finally get Sky's arthritis diagnosed, for example.

I've tried putting down a mat but that just seems to have encouraged her to extend the pooping area wider lol! I don't know about arthritis - she has a 4 storey condo which she gets around just fine on. Iv e also tried different litter traysn putting the poos back in etc.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe something has spooked her whilst she was in her tray?!

Back