• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Set up

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Its been a while since I posted my setups here, Must be well over a year as all I can find is at my old house. So here they are.

003-1.jpg

Isla and Tilly live in the hsed bit of the kennel, and the three boys live in the run bit.

005-1.jpg

Granite lives in the hutch and run set up

006-1.jpg
and Artie, Belle and Sophie live in the shed.

All get access to the grass as much as possible

They are great! Is the shed the bricked building?

it is, although It gets worse each year and I know its time is coming :S it needs knocking down, the bricks are rotting and the roof leaks in very heavy rain.

Im going to replace it with another kennel and use the hsed base as a run. that way I can see the buns from the kitchen window :)

it is, although It gets worse each year and I know its time is coming :S it needs knocking down, the bricks are rotting and the roof leaks in very heavy rain.

Im going to replace it with another kennel and use the hsed base as a run. that way I can see the buns from the kitchen window :)

eek better be quick or your bunnies might end up with a shed on top of them. :shock:

that's awesome. OH keeps telling me we can't fit bunnies in our garden and it must be a similar size to yours.....this could be a useful thread!

Looks like great accomodation there, bet your bunnies are chuffed with their lot. :D

Dunno about that I feel like Im doing them a disservice at the minute. I was never set up to have 9 rabbits, only 6, so everyone is a bit cramped at the minute. Or thats my view of it.

Jill, following on from this thread, http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270477&highlight=granite, I took Isla out and bonded with Frankie and Belle, however Frankie did attack,although not too bad, and I ended up seperating them again, just Granite and Sophie, but Sophie continued the bullying. Therefore he is currently on his own until Isla and Tilly are neutered, and I am going to see if they will bond with him and he can have his own little harem.

Sophie is now bonded with Arthur and Belle as it was the only way I could see of allowing the buns more space after Arthurs poor diagnosis of neuter, and the subesquent babies
I have repeatedly asked for help and advice from the forum since the babies were born but in the end went with my instincts.

Looking good! I'm about to start creating bigger and better run for my buns. At the moment they live in an old summer house with an old hutch inside and then get run of the garden if I'm home, or out in run if I'm at work.

They will be moving into a shed 24/7 access to a run as soon as I can secure everything. I was just wondering though... if they have a whole shed as their bedroom, so they still need to have a hutch that is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft??? or just some snuggly boxes to hide in? Because they will have whole shed, but to build hutch that size inside the shed would take up loads of room!!?

Looks great! Do you mind me asking what size the kennel / run thing is?

We've just put our house on the market so am looking at possible alternatives for housing if we (well, when....) we sell this place as am fairly sure the current set-up won't cope with being moved unfortunately. Am thinking of 12x6 but it's difficult to visualise lol.

Looks great! Do you mind me asking what size the kennel / run thing is?

We've just put our house on the market so am looking at possible alternatives for housing if we (well, when....) we sell this place as am fairly sure the current set-up won't cope with being moved unfortunately. Am thinking of 12x6 but it's difficult to visualise lol.

its 6ftx14ft and 5 ft tall at the front running to 4ft at the back

its 6ftx14ft and 5 ft tall at the front running to 4ft at the back

Thank you! I just realised that I've bookmarked the ebay seller as 'the one lottielouise got her kennel from' lol.... :p

I guess what size I can get depends on where we move to really. I think a 12x6 for two bunnies would be ideal but would really prefer 13x6 and have the kennel bit 5x6 rather than 4x6 - but am just rambling inanely now! :oops:

Thanks anyway x

Back