• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destruct-o-bun and getting worse

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
I don't know what to do with Maia. Not only she chews everything in sight, she's also learnt how to jump on window sills and furniture, and damages pretty much all she can lay her paws upon. There's very little she'll leave alone. This morning she even chewed my sarracenia plant that is supposed to be disgusting to pets. And it was up high, how did she get there?!
Bunny proofing is starting not to be enough anymore. And I can't turn her into an outside rabbit because I don't have a garden! She has freerange time, a husbun, and toys, what more can I give her? She's been spayed but she behaves like she was whole in every sense.
Please help, it's getting serious.

I would remove everything from the room that you dont want destroyed.

And I would distract her with apple and pear sticks - these are much more yummy than furniture.

Are you sure shes not in pain? Im sure I've read of buns getting destructive when they are either unhappy, or especially when they are due a dental.

She had her teeth checked yesterday, and they looked fine - although I'm not sure the vet had a proper look at the molars, but she has no dribbling, no runny eyes, will eat anything - no sign of needing a dental. I don't think she's in pain although she does act like she's constantly nervous. It's just like she's getting bolder and more clever by the day. Mango is very laid back, and he hasn't damaged a fraction of the things she has. I try to often offer new toys but I can't give her a new one every half a day!

She had her teeth checked yesterday, and they looked fine - although I'm not sure the vet had a proper look at the molars, but she has no dribbling, no runny eyes, will eat anything - no sign of needing a dental. I don't think she's in pain although she does act like she's constantly nervous. It's just like she's getting bolder and more clever by the day. Mango is very laid back, and he hasn't damaged a fraction of the things she has. I try to often offer new toys but I can't give her a new one every half a day!

what kind of base do they have, do you have an NIC panels?

They have a room all to themselves, but they are free ranging in the evening. But there's a stack of shelves in the room and now Maia is also getting up there... é_è she'll destroy the house if she goes on like this!
They don't have access to bathroom, kitchen and bedroom, which doesn't stop them from trying. The sofa is also bunny proofed because they were chewing it from behind.

Just as an aside, how long ago was she spayed? Is it possible that she still has some uterine tissue if the vet missed a little, as i believe that can cause massive hormonal behaviour.

Just as an aside, how long ago was she spayed? Is it possible that she still has some uterine tissue if the vet missed a little, as i believe that can cause massive hormonal behaviour.

She was spayed a year ago. But would it be worth it making her undergo GA and surgery again, for something that may or may not be there? Do you know of anyone who had their doe operated on twice and how did it go?

Back