• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice re veggies...

Theres so much info on what to feed your rabbit, it sometimes confuses me even more!

Ive tried feeding mostly foraged foods, but i can hardly pick enough now, so ive got no chance in the winter! Dads also moaning about storing and drying it all.

Im going to have to go back to feeding mostly veg and some foraged foods. But which veggies are the best for buns? and which can i feed daily/every other day?

I know variety is the key, but its hard when you can only buy 2/3 types of veg a week as it goes off faster than i can use it! :roll:

I only buy small amounts of veg now for our buns, as like you say it goes off so quickly. Broccoli, rocket, one carrot and one parsnip (given in small pieces) and normally a bag of herbs, parsley or corriander.

I only buy small amounts of veg now for our buns, as like you say it goes off so quickly. Broccoli, rocket, one carrot and one parsnip (given in small pieces) and normally a bag of herbs, parsley or corriander.

Thanks, whenever i buy things like parsnip or carrot, i always buy one or 2 as i dont feed them too often. They love rocket and spinach but theyre always in bags and they go all gross within a couple of days so they get wasted.

Could you grow some rocket or spinach? I've grown rocket from seed before, it's very easy.

Ive tried to grow a few herbs from seed this year, but i killed them all! :lol:

Im going to get off my bum, walk the dogs then go into town and have a scout around the supermarket to see what i can find.

Whoops! :lol: You can buy herb pots in most supermarkets, maybe that would be safer and would last a bit longer!

Mine mostly have spring greens mixed with fresh herbs which I buy in the little pots. Then they might have a small amount of carrot/broccoli/apple but only a little bit Last night for example they had 1 carrot between 6 of them.

For a treat I buy them carrot tops which are great at the moment and occasionally curly kale.

Mine mostly have spring greens mixed with fresh herbs which I buy in the little pots. Then they might have a small amount of carrot/broccoli/apple but only a little bit Last night for example they had 1 carrot between 6 of them.

For a treat I buy them carrot tops which are great at the moment and occasionally curly kale.

This is pretty much what I feed mine! Spring greens, some herbs I've either grown or brought, and either one apple or one carrot between 6 buns, or a tiny bit of broccoli each. :wave:

Thank you :) I have my own herbs growing in the garden, but i might get some more when i have the money and grow them on the windowsil in my room. I keep forgetting to cut them when theyre outside!

That sounds similar to what i feed, but i always give them a bit of Broccoli, can i ask why you only feed it as a treat? Incase im missing something.

Thank you :) I have my own herbs growing in the garden, but i might get some more when i have the money and grow them on the windowsil in my room. I keep forgetting to cut them when theyre outside!

That sounds similar to what i feed, but i always give them a bit of Broccoli, can i ask why you only feed it as a treat? Incase im missing something.

I think broccoli can be gassy and I only like them to have healthy treats. If they dont have it all the time it becomes a treat.

I think broccoli can be gassy and I only like them to have healthy treats. If they dont have it all the time it becomes a treat.

Actually, i do remember reading this. Mine have never had a problem though. I only cut them a small flourette off each, Skye never eats hers though so it gets thrown out, but its one of Marleys favourite.

I ended up getting a parsnip, spring greens, broccoli and some Dill. Ive got rosemary, mint and some parsley outside still. I have enough forage to feed a good handful each every other day, so ill just alternate it :) Then get something instead of Parsnip next week.

Im such a fuss pot! :roll:

has anyone got lamb lettice before its better than rocket u get more and it last longer and it the same price as rocket in lidl anway i hated rocket after 3 days it started to go :(

I'm growing herbs. I got plants from the garden centre some nice pots and some compost and just potted them up. Most are thriving. :) Mint is a really good one cos it grows really quick. :)

I'm growing herbs. I got plants from the garden centre some nice pots and some compost and just potted them up. Most are thriving. :) Mint is a really good one cos it grows really quick. :)

Yeah I tried growing them from seed and killed them! Those that did grow were pathetic so i fed them to the buns then kept the pots as toys.

I bought the live herbs from Sainsburies and planted them outside, theyre doing well now :)

I might grow them on the windowsil in my room next year though, not as many bugs :p i hate bugs! :oops:

Back