• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The day after......

basirascal

Mama Doe
:cry:The day after a precious bunny has died, how do other Ruers go about cleaning etc. As you all may know Basil was a single bun partly because he had always had so many health problems including EC and a dodgy kidney, and although he died from GIStasis, we are still not absolutely clear if there was an underlying 'other' illness. He was being treated for 'snuffles' before he died. So although it is such early days and my heart is broken, I know I have to 'sort' things before we contemplate putting a new bun/s where he lived. And he lived everywhere, the house, the shed with run attached, a den at our caravan, there is also his vet carry cage, his playpen, and all the other toys, tunnels, litter trays, bottles and bowls he had. There is hardly a room in the house that Basil hasn't free-ranged in. I am finding the thought of 'cleaning' his presence away so difficult and I don't really even want to think about it, but I know it must be done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It is 24 hours exactly since Basil left us, will I ever get over it:cry::cry:

Aw i'm so sorry for your loss. We lost pip in february after a number of illnesses. I couldn't clean away her things for a few days as it was too hard o even go into her room. I know it needs done but just take your time.

So sorry to hear about Basil. :cry::cry::cry:

From my own past experiences I tend to leave things for a day or two and then try to clean and tidy up.

It will be a tough time for you and very painful. Just do things as and when you feel like it. No great rush as he was the only bunny.

Take care of yourself. xx

I agree...take your time...there is no rush to sort things out right now....huge hugs ...so sorry your little friend has gone xxxx:(

I don't have any experience, but agree with the others - no need to rush. Thinking of you at this sad time. xxx

Be patient and don't rush things. Go at your own pace, in your own time.

You're grieving because you lost a member of your family. It's very, very early days.

Do what you can, when you can.

But remember even if you clear away his belongings, you never clear away his essence, or his love or his memories. He will always be a part of your home.

Invisible Bunny​

Wake up Mum, wake up quick!
I have to stop your nightmares or you'll get sick.
I'm still here Mum I've not gone
Instead I'm just in spirit; I'm now an invisible bun.
Don't cry Mum
I can't bare to see you sad,
You were my best friend
The best a bunny could have.

When you sleep in the night
I'm lying by your side
I listen to your heartbeat
And I nuzzle you with pride.
Sometimes I bring my bunny friends
Just to let them see
The one who was my Mum
The special one to me.

In the morning when you wake Mum
I miss your lovely smile,
You can still wave
You see, I can still see you, although you can't see me?

I follow you around
I'm the shadow in the corner of your eye,
I'm still your little bunny
Invisible
And I will never die.
From http://rabbits-online.co.uk/Bunny_Heaven.htm

i agree with everyone else, take your time and dont feel rushed to do anything right away. people grieve in different ways, do what you feel you are able to do and at the time you want to do it xx

basirascal:

Don't forget that RU is here if you need us.

Alot of us have been through what you are currently going through. We do understand fully.

You are not alone. x

aww im so sorry, i know how hard it is. when i lost Patch last year i was devastated. i couldn't go in the garden without crying as i just expected her to be there.:( you will feel better but it can take a little while. i know with patch she was part of the family so i understand completely.

I'm so sorry for your loss:(

You will know when to start cleaning -one day you may think-"Right! -I'm gonna do this!". There is no rush- give yourself time to grieve. I cried for nearly a week solid when Sooty passed away, and could barely function, but it will get easier with time. I know that sounds like a cliche now, but many of us on here have gone through the same, so we do understand.
You may be able to do all the cleaning in one go, or you may have to do it in chunks if too stressful and upsetting. You may prefer to ask someone to clean for you? There are no rules to grief. It's early days-Take it steady.

A powerfully emotive but very lovely poem

sue :wave:

Ooh that poem gets me everytime :cry:

Basirascal, dont force yourself to do it yet. When my Tilly died her stuff got left untouched for a few days as I couldnt accept she was gone. In the end my OH did it all for me while I sat in the bath in tears :cry:

You will get over it hun, i promise. You will NEVER forget your special man but the pain of losing him and the instinct to look for him will ease over time (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and OMG that poem just bought a tear to my eye now :cry: and I lost my Brambers a long time ago.

xxx

Thank you everyone I know you all understand how hard it is. The POEM is so beautiful:cry: I know he is still with me. Sounds a bit soppy but I went out to his playshed this morning to try and make a start and I found the tiniest white fluffy feather on his shelf. I know no birds have ever been in there. I knew he was there with me.

Back