• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having vaccinations before they are due?

wally4eva

Mama Doe
I was wondering if it is ok to have bunnies vaccinated again before their last vaccination runs out? Like a myxi vaccine after only 5months?

Nothing to do with my bunnies but it's one of those questions I've always wondered!:p

I believe so. Mine have had one of the vaccines a few months early so I could make it so they all get done together.

I AWLWAYS try to book them in at least a week early for their jabs that way I do not worry about the vaccine 'running out' before the other one becomes active as such.
Our vets work on a month either way is safe so yes it would be fine to do a myxo jab after 5 months instead of 6 months on a healthy bunny. :wave:

Mine had theirs a bit early as I needed to make sure it didn't make smudge poorly before I went on holiday xx

Back