• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of Euthanasia and now Groover is on his own.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
A touchy subject,Im sure and dont mean to upset anyone but how much is it??
2 years ago,I paid £8 to send Archie ferret to the Bridge.Today I paid £16 to help Min.
I know I changed my vet today 15 mins before the appt.The man vet isnt very gentle and Archie bit him on the day.I wanted someone more gentle to help Min.I just found it a little steep,in comparison and having a print out sent as didnt get one at the time.They didnt expect me to pay but I had to.Didnt want to drag it out.
And now Groover is on his own, but I dont want another.
Im thinking of my cash flow and being sensible...bunnies and parrots arent cheap...but my boy will be lonely.....much like buns, they like company and I cant bring him in...the bunnies in the bedroom and the aromas will drive him mad,not to mention Fert stink to the buns.I refuse to rehome.
A little advice please....xxx

All I know is that the awful vets we used charged us for having Nancy's body. Since she died there he could hardly charge us for her being PTS.

I can get the old invoices.

I dont know much about ferrets and how happy they are on their own, but could you put the buns outside and bring him indoors?

My last bun pts was £23. It's a standard charge, normally my vets don't charge me a consultation fee so I don't mind that one being a bit high.

I've only ever had one pet pts and that was Snickers, our hamster, at Easter. It was £26 just for the pts itself as the vet kindly waived the emergency consult fee.

I don't know what to advise for Groover but will just say to take some time and think over your options; hopefully with some time things might become a little clearer.

Back